Page 482 of 597 FirstFirst ... 468478480481482483484486496 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

1. Powering an external hard drive from a USB port is risky business. I've had three separate hard drives get corrupted that way.

2. As much as I'm a whore for Sony consoles, Microsoft is really killing it with the OS updates for the Xbox One. Every single month, something new comes out, while the PS4 sits sobbing begging for any kind of update.

Here's what's coming in November:

WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I love the idea of unlocking an achievement gets you a background. It is nice to have a reward for getting them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I cannot fathom anyone with any electronics skills whatsoever preferring that over upgrading the internal drive. I don't like it with the Wii U, but at least they have the built-in excuse of using flash memory. To have a damn internal hard drive but then not let you upgrade it is just wrong.
    Because it's quick and easy. I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of free time right now. Plugging in a USB powered external hard drive takes a FRACTION of the time that, backing up the internal drive, opening up the case, removing the old internal, installing the new one, formatting the new one, and restoring the old data takes. I agree that if you have an internal drive, you should be able to upgrade it, but enabling external storage isn't something to piss on.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Powering an external hard drive from a USB port is risky business. I've had three separate hard drives get corrupted that way.
    Then your USB ports are painfully underpowered and you should be using a USB Y-Cable, or you're using Seagate drives and there's your real culprit.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Seagate drives are fine for temporary storage increases - IE, you know your computer's on the fritz and you need something, and it's on sale, but goddamn are they flaky.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Then your USB ports are painfully underpowered and you should be using a USB Y-Cable
    Every time you've mentioned this, I assumed it was so you could use the same drive on multiple systems. Do you mean take up two ports on the same system with one drive for power reasons?

8. That's exactly what I mean. Some systems (PC/Consoles) don't send enough power to the USB port to run the external drive. If that's the case then you need a USB Y-Cable to get enough power through 2 ports.
    Where I play

I'll be damned. I'm surprised that doesn't cause some kind of issue on the software side.

10. USB is designed with that kind of thing in mind.
    Where I play