Page 577 of 597 FirstFirst ... 563573575576577578579581591 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 5968

Thread: Official Xbox One Thread

People about to preorder their third Xbox One in four years should get a free "PC Gaming Is Expensive" t-shirt.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    People about to preorder their third Xbox One in four years should get a free "PC Gaming Is Expensive" t-shirt.
    I’d wear that.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

That ugly ass Minecraft thing is $400!?! GTFO.

edit: And the controllers are $75, including the pig:

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Aug 2017 at 05:03 PM.

4. This has got to be it for Xbox, right? Like a last ditch come back baby, I miss you.

5. It's MS trying to get back to where they were before they decided to turn the Xbox One into a fancy Netflix camera box.

Not sure how they are expecting this thing to sell but the PS4 Pro has done better than expected.

6. $400 One S bundle with a Minecraft skin, that doesn't include the pig controller so it can be sold separately for $75, is something else. That's some bricks, all right. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    This has got to be it for Xbox, right? Like a last ditch come back baby, I miss you.
    I don't know where they go from here. Hell, I don't know where console gaming goes from here. If it's going to cost $500 to get two-year-old PC tech, is there really going to be a market long-term? I almost wonder if the next Xbox is a Surface Pro hybrid, because if it's three-ish years away, mobile tech is going to be damn near caught up.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I don't know where they go from here. Hell, I don't know where console gaming goes from here. If it's going to cost $500 to get two-year-old PC tech, is there really going to be a market long-term? I almost wonder if the next Xbox is a Surface Pro hybrid, because if it's three-ish years away, mobile tech is going to be damn near caught up.
    PS4 is selling as fast as PS2 and you're wondering where console gaming is going? Nowhere. There will always be a huge market for people who want an affordable game system.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    PS4 is selling as fast as PS2 and you're wondering where console gaming is going? Nowhere. There will always be a huge market for people who want an affordable game system.
    Right, but it's also being pinched at both ends. The mobile stuff keeps getting closer, and the less outdated stuff keeps getting more expensive. The better the Switch sells the more likely Apple and/or Samsung decide they want to give it a whirl from the other direction, and that is competition Sony and MSFT don't want.

10. Yea but an Apple handheld device is still going to be tied to that app store with all that entails.

I just looked up 1070 cards and they are $450+, and that is considered the 'mainstream' graphics card. As long as Nvidia can get away with charging prices like that, consoles at $300-$400 will have a home. There's no point in comparing relative because I don't think the people buying consoles really care about any of that.

I don't know what the One X will do at its price. I don't think there will ever be a situation where the only console from one maker is at that price point. MS is still going to be selling the One S which is around a $200-$250 console these days.