Page 29 of 396 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    ...Am I on Candid Camera?
    Seriously bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Whoa. That thing has a d-pad, not 4 buttons separated by plastic strips. Did a patent run out or something?

Streaming is how the PS4 will handle backward compatibility. It would be very cool if it could recognize a disc and then stream the same game without having to have the innards to actually do anything else with the disc.

3. there goes BC for like 65% of the population unless they figure out how to compress the holy bejesus out of it

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    there goes BC for like 65% of the population unless they figure out how to compress the holy bejesus out of it
    65% actually seems low. On live is nice and all but it's just not the same. What about streaming in 1080p? No way.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. It should at least be able to emulate PS1 and PS2 games on its own hardware.

6. I'm kind of excited. I'm going to the event next week, and not only will I get the see the unveiling of the PS4, but it'll be my first time ever in New York. I won't have a lot of free time, but maybe just enough to see a little of the city.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. ^^^ don't forget to visit the CHUDs

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    65% actually seems low. On live is nice and all but it's just not the same. What about streaming in 1080p? No way.
    between shitty download speeds and bandwidth caps there's just no way it'll be feasable for most of north america (and a vast, vast majority of canada)

this is why I still think there's going to be some sort of hardware solution regardless of whatever the WSJ says

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I'm kind of excited. I'm going to the event next week, and not only will I get the see the unveiling of the PS4, but it'll be my first time ever in New York. I won't have a lot of free time, but maybe just enough to see a little of the city.
    If you're a drinker, I have recommendations. A party guy? Anth will. Anything else? We still haven't seen that part of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    You haven't ever played a 1080p game anyway. You play 540p or 720p games upscaled.