Page 2 of 396 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. I didn't hold a gun to his head.

2. No, just your dick.

It looks like the PS4 will be more of an evolution of the original Xbox than the PS3 with AMD on board.

4. I wish there was some market I could have laid down a bet on this, because it was dead obvious that PS4 wouldn't have Cell since like 2009.

Not as obvious as "PSP2" lacking a UMD drive, but the Sony that made Cell and the UMD format doesn't exist anymore.

5. "It's not about exotic, groundbreaking hardware any more," he pressed on, "it's all about creating the best possible games machine with an enviable set of development tools."
    Sounds like the PS1.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I wish there was some market I could have laid down a bet on this, because it was dead obvious that PS4 wouldn't have Cell since like 2009.

Not as obvious as "PSP2" lacking a UMD drive, but the Sony that made Cell and the UMD format doesn't exist anymore.

Yup same here. There have been rumors for awhile now that AMD was designing an APU for one of the console manufacturers. The Vita is even a prime example of them moving away from the exotic. It's using customized off the shelf 2008/2009 parts, and not some crazy exotic shit.

I think not only was Cell being gone obvious, but so was Nvidia NOT providing the GPU for it. Considering how hard Nvidia fucked Sony over with the RSX chip.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. There was a time when the cell could launch nukes.

8. cell is still a good processor for certain tasks, but yeah I can see why they'd go to off the shelf stuff for the next one*

(* having a shitty first few years since lots of people waited for reasonable prices [$299/$249] to hop on board)

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Sounds like the PS1.
    I was thinking that as well. Sony seemed to forget what made the PS1 successful to begin with.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Yup same here. There have been rumors for awhile now that AMD was designing an APU for one of the console manufacturers. The Vita is even a prime example of them moving away from the exotic. It's using customized off the shelf 2008/2009 parts, and not some crazy exotic shit.

I think not only was Cell being gone obvious, but so was Nvidia NOT providing the GPU for it. Considering how hard Nvidia fucked Sony over with the RSX chip.
    And Nvidia fucked over MS last gen. Considering how shitty Tegra is, Nvidia better hope that the market for $500 GPUs double by next week.