Page 6 of 396 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. Steam works because I buy everything on the cheap.

Not doing $60 locked-to-profile games. So much for video games!

Always did want to take up knitting...

2. You can still buy things on the cheap. Just wait a while for price drops and have a little

I hope you quit playing games forever, leave TNL, and die so I never have to read your whiny posts about even the slightest changes in the industry.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. I don't mind the used games so much, I don't like it but money isn't the main deterrent in playing a game. I just don't have much time these days so if the PS4 turns out to be like the PS3 (for me), I don't think I will buy it regardless of the used game lock down.

5. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    So everyone is complaining that they won't buy a console because they can't buy used... and then will just buy it on PC?? This makes no sense to me. You're still buying new then!
    The current setup with consoles allows you the option of selling your game once you've completed it. It's one of the advantages of buying a console version of a game, over buying the superior PC version. If I can't sell my console game, then why not just opt to buy it on PC, since I'm stuck with the title anyways?

It also eliminates the console rental market, that may offer incentives for people to buy the game. I'd imagine there are many people out there that tried the console version of Skyrim through rental, and realized the couldn't finish the game, but liked it enough that they may want to buy the game.
    Last edited by gamevet; 29 Mar 2012 at 01:59 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I hope you quit playing games forever, leave TNL, and die so I never have to read your whiny posts about even the slightest changes in the industry.
    Man, a couple of people before said the same thing but without the hilarious quip about knitting. What the butts?

You were already on my list after Mass Effect 3 and SFxT. Unless I'm combining a couple of FB and Twitter people into you. Everything that happens is like WELL THAT'S IT FOR GAMES I GUESS LOL.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post

Let's hope PS4 doesn't require a login to the network EVERY time you turn on the system, or a persistent connection. If your connection goes out, you could be fucked.
    I see this every time I read about persistent on stuff and I always think the same thing: is that person living in 1995? I have had maybe one day of Internet outage over the past five years that wasn't accompanied by a power outage. Yet somehow everyone on these tech sites like Slashdot/ArsTechnica, all these people who are obviously nerds, have the worst connections ever.

9. It's happened to me a few times in New York City. Welcome to Time Warner in a densely populated area. It was my main issue with Starcraft 2 when I got it and there was an internet outage in my area for the third time or so that year.