Page 9 of 396 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. I have a lot of lower income customers who can't afford internet. Are you saying they shouldn't be able to play games anymore Diff? Why do you hate poor people?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have a lot of lower income customers who can't afford internet. Are you saying they shouldn't be able to play games anymore Diff? Why do you hate poor people?
    Would you buy a computer without any intentions of going online with it these days? Eventually technology needs to evolve. Not everyone can afford an HDTV, doesn't mean they have to buy a blu-ray player. They can still play the thousands of games available to them on the consoles they currently own. This is not me slamming the poor, I'm just saying that lower income families don't need to be catered to when it comes to cutting-edge technology.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. They just dont deserve to have the luxuries you have. Got it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    They just dont deserve to have the luxuries you have. Got it.
    Like I said, that wasn't what I was saying... As I said before with the blu-ray player analogy, if you don't have an HDTV there is no reason to get a blu-ray player... if you don't have internet there's no reason to get a computer/future gaming console. There has to be a point along the line where you have to move forward. Say a console came out that required a 3DTV - I don't have one I wouldn't be able to use that console. I wouldn't complain that they left me out, that was their decision to make the console that way and I wouldn't say that they're picking on me because I'm not "worthy." It may be a worse analogy because there's no reason to make something 3D only but I hope you see my point.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have a lot of lower income customers who can't afford internet. Are you saying they shouldn't be able to play games anymore Diff? Why do you hate poor people?
    har har. Obviously there needs to be something for people without internets. All I'm saying is that I haven't been in a place where outages were a common occurrence for a long long time.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    if you don't have an HDTV there is no reason to get a blu-ray player...
    100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    if you don't have internet there's no reason to get a computer/future gaming console.
    100% bullshit. I don't even know where to begin taking that statement apart, honestly. It's wrong on so many levels it's hard to find a starting point.

The companies can make whatever they want, but they're not in the business of exclusion. I mean sure, they're more than within their rights to design anything they want, but if they limit their audience to only those they believe worthy, they've designed for failure. Where do you draw the line? I don't have an answer for that, but I do know I live in a country that practically worships WalMart.

James
    Last edited by James; 30 Mar 2012 at 02:08 AM.

so I'm reading that you guys think computers have no value without the internet? Really?

you guys blow my mind. Its like finding your kid with crayons shoved in he nose. Why would you think that was a good idea?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 30 Mar 2012 at 02:05 AM.

I guess it'd be a cool-looking $1000 word processor that never gets driver updates.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. You can get free WiFi just about anywhere. I know people whose internet connection relies on that. Telling them they're not worthy of owning your ultra-amazing console because they're suck-ass thieves screwing the life-blood out of developers isn't the way to make friends.

James

I was talking about a desktop PC, but ok. Unless it's a Vita I still don't see a home console user dragging their home entertainment system down to Starbucks.

If they go through with this, then I assume they know exactly what audience they're giving up, and by going through with it they will show that they don't care about that audience.

I don't see it happening, but maybe! The Vita is already a step in that direction.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery