Page 5 of 396 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. You said it first, so...

I completely agree. If this is where games are going, I'm done with it. I can get stuff off Steam, play the shit I already have or fuck - DO SOMETHING ELSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. If they're going to go that route, they may as well get rid of discs entirely.
    The system described in the article is essentially how downlaodable games work right now.

So, basically, I won't take part in the next generation. Fine with me, there are enough 16 bit games to last me forever.

4. New games are always getting released on PC, where greedy anti-consumer bullshit will never be universal.

5. I tend to disbelieve this news on general principle. Gamestop, Best Buy, and most other retailers will not be your friend if they don't get a taste of that sweet used game profit margin. Always-online consoles are retarded as well, due to internet service unreliability. I'm assuming Sony and Microsoft would like to sell a console or two, so these features sound more like their wet dream rather than anything they plan to actually enact.

James

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    If they're going to go that route, they may as well get rid of discs entirely.
    The system described in the article is essentially how downlaodable games work right now.
    Agreed. The used game market would lose its point. Now system makers are seeming to conveniently forget that every used game was a new copy once. A used purchase of a game could lead to someone buying the sequel new. Some people would rather buy new and not take a chance of getting a scratched disc.

I'd rather have some sort of DLC credit on a new-bought game (i.e. if you buy a game new and there's an upcoming expansion, you get it free and not for $15) than forcing trial mode on used ones. Reward the customers who buy new, but don't punish used game buyers. What will the console makers do if used game lockouts cause a massive backlash?

Let's hope PS4 doesn't require a login to the network EVERY time you turn on the system, or a persistent connection. If your connection goes out, you could be fucked.

7. So everyone is complaining that they won't buy a console because they can't buy used... and then will just buy it on PC?? This makes no sense to me. You're still buying new then!
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    So, basically, I won't take part in the next generation. Fine with me, there are enough 16 bit games to last me forever.
    Word up. No used games = no purchase from me. I have more than enough retro games to play.

I'll buy a new system when they make awesome games for it. Or if it's super awesome like the Vita.

I don't give a shit about used games. I've gone DD only on the PC for years now and haven't had any issues with it... but then again MS and Sony aren't exactly Valve.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Pretty much.
    The one thing that keeps their prices competitive is the fact that you can just buy from another service.
    We'll never have that option with consoles.