Page 317 of 396 FirstFirst ... 303313315316317318319321331 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3959

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I don't even make the distinction, to be honest.
    The last thing I think about when buying a game is the business model under which it's published.
    That's a fair point. I would just bitch about retro games, except then all the semi-literates on earth would think I meant Genesis games and the like.

2. You really need to get off this shit. Everything you say is nonsense.

3. It's 2015. Genesis is retro, and so is PS1. Just because it feels like last week to me, too, doesn't mean these things aren't really old by game standards.

4. Alright, let's not do this again, but for the sake of clarity, Yoshi passionately believes that retrogaming refers exclusively to newer games made in the style of older games rather than newer gamers playing actually old games.

5. He passionately believes it because it's the literal definition of retro.

But I,too, have come to accept it's a losing battle.

6. It's one of the definitions. I'm with Mzo, let's all concentrate on eradicating Metroidvania.

7. http://ideas.ted.com/20-words-that-o...ery-different/

I think fizzle's original meaning needs to be reclaimed.

8. Language and words meanings change.... heck 'lol' is a legit word now in Scrabble. So 'ridic"

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Language and words meanings change.... heck 'lol' is a legit word now in Scrabble. So 'ridic"
    Shouldn't it be redic?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    He passionately believes it because it's the literal definition of retro.

But I,too, have come to accept it's a losing battle.
    It's one of those words like "adventure" or "cinematic" or "boss" that has a meaning specic to gaming that is almost universally understood in that context. No one refers to the hobby of playing older games as anything other than retrogaming.