Page 308 of 396 FirstFirst ... 294304306307308309310312322 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3959

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. It's so weird that they play better and look better than brand new games, too.

Everything is weird.

2. Nah, I've played a lot of brand new games that play and look better.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm getting really tired of it.

Everything is either early access, zombies or NES 2D now. Video game development has gotten so fucking lazy.
    I have a really hard time imagining that anyone who makes a game from scratch, especially by themselves, is lazy.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Those guys didn't know shit about piss.
    Beautifully worded.

It must suck to never enjoy anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I have a really hard time imagining that anyone who makes a game from scratch, especially by themselves, is lazy.
    I'm sick of teams of 5 people or less making games that look like games did when they were generally made by 5 people or less!

I'm angry about it!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I could spend the next many years copying line for line the code of some video game. It would be a shit ton of time and a shit ton of work to accomplish such a task. It would be coded completely from scratch. Ever single line.

It would also be the the laziest possible way to design a game. Literally copy code line for line? Could it be any lazier when it comes to design?

That's the way I'm using the word. These games are all copies of concept and design to a disgusting degree. It's like if instead of just A Bug's Life and Antz we also got like 29 more ant movies that same fucking year.
    Last edited by Opaque; 31 Mar 2015 at 01:02 AM.

So now genres are basically iOS clone games.
    My Backloggery

8. I think honestly it's just a few of these genres and styles that really grind my gears.

Two years ago there was no "early access" games on steam, such a concept didn't exist. Today there's 270+. Ten years ago everyone was pushing hardware to the max, then the indie scene blew the fuck up thanks to digital distribution and now there's 100 pixel shit games for every AAA title. Before Minecraft there were no build your own survival games, now there's over 200 and most of them are fucking early access. It makes me so fucking jaded on the industry and that's probably my thing I need to deal with, but man, where the fuck are the actual new ideas and experiences? It gets to the point that if I see a survival, zombie, early access or in this case 16-bit type side scrolling platformer I just scoff. Everyone is all excited about VR and shit but is that just gonna end up being the display for fucking pixel platformer 18394y2986234?

I just wish there was more new awesome shit getting made and less of this same crap being churned out everywhere. Don't even get me started on these fucking HD remakes. Except if they want to do FFXII, that would be cool
    Last edited by Opaque; 31 Mar 2015 at 01:15 AM.

I completely ignore Early Access and like 99% of the games out there until I hear them making a buzz. That might help.
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I could spend the next many years copying line for line the code of some video game. It would be a shit ton of time and a shit ton of work to accomplish such a task. It would be coded completely from scratch. Ever single line.

It would also be the the laziest possible way to design a game. Literally copy code line for line? Could it be any lazier when it comes to design?

That's the way I'm using the word. These games are all copies of concept and design to a disgusting degree. It's like if instead of just A Bug's Life and Antz we also got like 29 more ant movies that same fucking year.

i don't even know how to reply to this. I'll try though.

opaque can you stop being an ignoramus

please
    Donk