Page 316 of 396 FirstFirst ... 302312314315316317318320330 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3959

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. Oh no Yoshi, i have bad news. You have the everything you played 20 years ago is amazing and everything made recently possessing similar qualities is not very good even if it is as good or better.

Even with indies, the worst problem for PS4 is that it doesn't have many exclusives at all or an answer to just buying and playing mostly the same stuff on PC.
    People keep buying it though so *honk honk*
    Donk

2. I liked 1886 and DriveClub (which got a lot of heat but is actually a really decent racer).

3. Yeah, there are exclusive that people like and it's convenient for some people, so a lot of it is just my tastes. The country that makes the video games i like most is going to mobile and towards game structures i don't like.
    Donk

4. Games like Herzog Zwei and Thunderforce IV and Target Earth and Gunstar Heroes probably would have been considered "indie garbage" back in the Genesis days by today's games.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Nothing has really changed. If someone had released a game that looked like Circus Atari or Gorf during the 16-bit days, we all would have laughed and dismissed them as lazy garbage.

6. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Games like Herzog Zwei and Thunderforce IV and Target Earth and Gunstar Heroes probably would have been considered "indie garbage" back in the Genesis days by today's games.
    Not Thunderforce IV

7. Okay, maybe I should have gone Gaiares instead of TFIV. Shooters were decently popular back in the day, and TFIV should probably be considered one of the "big" names of the genre at that point.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Games like Herzog Zwei and Thunderforce IV and Target Earth and Gunstar Heroes probably would have been considered "indie garbage" back in the Genesis days by today's games.
    They actually pushed the hardware, and they had publishers. They almost literally couldn't be any less like most of today's indie games.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Nothing has really changed. If someone had released a game that looked like Circus Atari or Gorf during the 16-bit days, we all would have laughed and dismissed them as lazy garbage.
    Exactly.

edit: There are genuinely good indie games, but they are the ones that are off the beaten path, not cheap imitations of it.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 22 May 2015 at 09:08 PM.

9. I don't even make the distinction, to be honest.
    The last thing I think about when buying a game is the business model under which it's published.

10. Maybe you should have played more computer games, Shidoshi. The unique thing about this generation and the one immediately prior is that a lot of formerly PC-only practices showed up on console. "Indie" games have been a thing for decades. Let's take the year you mentioned, 1992. These are three massively successful games from that year. Can you pick out which of them was not a high-budget game from a large and experienced development studio?
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27599-monkey-island-2-lechuck-s-revenge-dos-screenshot-a-costume.gif 
Views:	265 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	76798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3692-jill-of-the-jungle-dos-screenshot-level-1.gif 
Views:	278 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	76799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	775676-ultima-underworld-the-stygian-abyss-dos-screenshot-ahh-civilization.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	76800  
    Last edited by bVork; 22 May 2015 at 10:30 PM.