Page 300 of 396 FirstFirst ... 286296298299300301302304314 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3959

Thread: Official PlayStation 4 Thread

1. I would not be shocked at all if Morpheus sucks and isn't worth spending two or three hundred dollars on. It's tied to a box that isn't strong enough for it.

The mass adoption of VR right now really depends on a lot of non-gamey things. If schools buy it, if film-makers and theater chains bother with it, etc. For now it'll be enthusiast toy, but years down the line - it will definitely see practical use in schools and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    A few generations of what? There won't be a few more console generations. A few mobile generations is like six weeks it seems.
    I just meant generation in the human being sense. Shin was talking in consoles though, so we're really talking about the same span of 15-20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Is there any way to download movies you buy on SEN? My wife bought movies for the kid and they fucking cut out when PSN goes down. I figured buying them would mean I own them and can download them. Please advise
    If you are using the PS3 I believe you can download, but the PS4 is stream only I think.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    If you are using ghee PS3 I believe you can download, but the PS4 is stream only I think.
    Wow. What horrible horseshit. Never giving them another dollar.

4. VR on PS4 will likely be a trash heap and could poison the well for everything else.

It's already cool on PC, with the above caveats. I am ready to get one but I don't need much convincing and have no problem spending tons of money for massively overkill computers. I am part of that niche.

All these companies throwing their hat in the ring makes me wary though.

Wow. What horrible horseshit. Never giving them another dollar.
    I rented once in a while and found this out. Sucks balls, as the streaming isn't great but I didn't mind giving it a little while to download a movie. I'm not paying $4 a movie for shit streaming.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    VR on PS4 will likely be a trash heap and could poison the well for everything else.
    Luckily the Vive and Rift will both beat it to market.
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I rented once in a while and found this out. Sucks balls, as the streaming isn't great but I didn't mind giving it a little while to download a movie. I'm not paying $4 a movie for shit streaming.
    My fucking wife spent like 20 bucks per movie for stuff for the kid to watch and at least once a week it will abruptly stop when PSN goes down.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    A few generations of what? There won't be a few more console generations. A few mobile generations is like six weeks it seems.
    I disagree, but I guess we'll see in time what happens.

I would not be shocked at all if Morpheus sucks and isn't worth spending two or three hundred dollars on. It's tied to a box that isn't strong enough for it.

The mass adoption of VR right now really depends on a lot of non-gamey things. If schools buy it, if film-makers and theater chains bother with it, etc. For now it'll be enthusiast toy, but years down the line - it will definitely see practical use in schools and the like.

I just meant generation in the human being sense. Shin was talking in consoles though, so we're really talking about the same span of 15-20 years.
    Schools aren't going to invest in this, its too expensive. Film-makers are definitely not going to invest in it. Specially not for the type of movies people would want to see in VR. Think about something like Avengers, where things are created and for, and focused on one camera view. Now you have to make every frame, of the Battle of NY work from every possible view point. Its a huge investment. You're talking more than a doubling of budgets, you're talking like a 10x increase. Its a really large investment that I don't see them taking.

I think there are going to be markets for VR, or similar type things, but I think they're very niche and aren't going to really be involved with the average person.

I can see a use for it in the medical field, or deep sea exploration. Shit like we have a oil tanker that's got a problem send in a drone with a VR camera and the operator can see what's going on. Shit like that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Now you have to make every frame, of the Battle of NY work from every possible view point
    This isn't true though, you don't have to allow someone to physically move around for VR to be a substantial step up from 3D.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    They have though. You're acting like the Occulus Rift, and Sony's VR thing are some of the first VR experiences ever, they aren't. I mean shit 19 - 20 years ago at some over night High School event they had a VR game set up. They put glasses on your face and you sat in a chair that could move in almost all directions and you played a Star Fox esq game. VR has been around, and been claimed to be the next big thing for awhile now. I'm not saying its going to go away, but I also don't think its going to become this standard that everyone jumps on either. Yeah its better technology now, but that's what's new not VR itself. I think we're still a few generations out from it becoming ubiquitous or even common place.
    The last time VR had an outing 19-20 years ago it failed because it was shit. A huge percentage of the market for VR wasn't born yet, either, so they don't have any way to remember how shit it was except by reputation, and that's not a reputation the Rift or any of the other new devices shares. 90s VR has very little to do with today's, and its stigma is dead and gone.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    This isn't true though, you don't have to allow someone to physically move around for VR to be a substantial step up from 3D.
    even if you just expand the viewing field a little bit its still more expensive. Though if you're not letting people move their heads around and look at things, I'm not seeing how its anything other than a 3D display strapped to your head. I'm not saying this to be an ass or anything. I just don't see a difference between 3D on a monitor/screen with a locked viewpoint and 3D on a headset strapped to your head with a locked viewpoint.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.