Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother's Day 2011

1. Mother's Day 2011

It's that time of year again. Since I'm on the wrong side of the planet my dear old mom will be getting a phone call, but I'll make sure it's a nice one.

So what are you doing for your mother this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. I'm giving your mother a bouquet of dicks.

3. You're not supposed to talk like that. Especially on this holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I sent my mom Ghost Trick. My wife is getting Kindle stuff.

we should all pitch in and get Yoshi something. he is the biggest mother here.

You could leave for free.

7. Got my mother an iPod Touch. She does a lot of genealogy stuff, and was asking me about how to use a voice recorded and put the files on her iPod. Instead of having her carry around a digital camera + iPod + voice recorded, got her the Touch to replace all of those things. Plus, she'll be able to use it for a lot of other things as well.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. I got my mum the two Professor Layton games, Bejewelled 3 and a bodgy movie called 100,000,000 BC.

Giving mom a couple 5 year old beers, and going out for Japanese food.

Was checking out a customer this morning who had nothing but two bouquets. "no bags, she said after I rang her up. "They are going straight to the cemetery." I was like, man. Then I went to void them off, to give her them for free. I was like, you know what, just take these, for your mom. She totally refused that, had to pay, but everyone started crying and I got a big hug, said I made her day.

Anyway, happy mothers day everyone. Call your mom.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.