Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Childbirth

1. Natural Childbirth

So it's mothers day and people are talking about all shit motherly. Well, on Facebook a girl I know just posted picture of her natural birth in her bathtub at home, there was nothing gross about the pictures and she didn't show anything but I suddenly realized that when she had the kid last week she two days later had to spend 5 days with him all hooked up to tons of machines in intensive care and she almost lost him.

If she had been at the hospital when he was born his problems with breathing could have been addressed then, instead of all the crazy shit happening.

Seems to me like home births are you just taking a risk for no fucking reason. People giving birth 100 years ago dreamed of hospitals, why the fuck do people not use them?

Opinions.

2. There is no quicker or easier way to make a shit ton of beef stew.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

People who home birth are generally the same people that believe in herbal remedies and shit instead of medicine that has passed statistically significant scientific trials. It's one thing to opt out of the epidural if you can withstand the physical pain, but to not be near medical facilities in case of an emergency is stupid.

Besides, if a hospital took care of Opaque's mom after he came out hooves first, that's good enough proof for me.

4. I imagine most people with brains that decide to do a home birth would have a nurse or something around to supervise.

5. "I don't need a doctor, maaan, stop oppressing the natural order of things."

6. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I imagine most people with brains that decide to do a home birth would have a nurse or something around to supervise.
    She did not. I felt so bad for her last week when I saw all the pictures of them in the intensive care unit, but now I feel bad for the baby because it turns out he has an idiot for a mother.

The thing is, even if she had the nurse, they'd still be lacking tons of equipment which could save a child's life in case of emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Besides, if a hospital took care of Opaque's mom after he came out hooves first, that's good enough proof for me.
    Horns first, actually. Objectively the worse way.

Natural selection imo. If the baby/mother died from a home birth neither of them deserved to live.

Life marches on.

8. I think as long as you've had regular checkups you'll be alright to do it at home. I imagine most major complications would be caught beforehand.

It is her choice.

If she wants to take that risk, it is her business.

Society doesn't owe the kid a life. The mother does. If she can't make good, that is 1 less half sequence of her DNA running around. She has to live with that and try to do better next time.

People care too much about other people's babies.

10. I think home birth is fine, but it's fucking moronic not to have a midwife present.
    There's no need to clog up hospitals with women going through a normal biological process.