Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Thinking about a new laptop

1. Since buying Compaq, the quality of HP branded hardware has improved.
    They still make crap, but now they put Compaq stickers on it.

2. New computer doesn't see N networks and won't connect, other than that I like it but I guess I'm sending it back. What a pain.

3. Here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0074.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	61766  

4. Looks nice. A guy at the office has a small Vaio and it's a pretty sharp looking laptop. Bummer about the network--is that a common problem or just a hiccup with yours?

5. People said the network card sucks in general, but no one has this problem. I am going to try to buy a good network card and replace it myself. I really like the rest of the laptop. The keyboard is a lot nicer than my old one and the screen is sex. The construction is a bit plastic-y, but it's fine for the price. My other Vaio is aluminum and carbon fiber, so this wasn't going to measure up. I like the purple keyboard. They sell a bunch of rubber keyboard covers in different colors.

6. Now I'm in the market for a new laptop too. I tried to repair my HP DV6810us, but it is a lost cause. I just won't touch HP anymore. My friend had one of the HP tablet PCs die on him too and could only be booted by using a heat trick. Also, their customer support is trash.

I like to use mine for light gaming, so I'm pretty picky. Two of my friends have Sagers and they seem to run everything smooth as butter, but they're a bit pricey. Was thinking about a Sony or a Toshiba.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post