Thread: Zotac Zbox HD

1. Zotac Zbox HD

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone here had experience with the Zotac Zbox. I am thinking about picking one up for the old man as his birthday is coming up, and since TNL is more savy than random idiot on amazons reviews I decided to try here.

I will be using the box just as a streaming/media centre and have no need for gaming on it.

http://www.zotacusa.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

2. specs look pretty decent (if overkill) for a htpc so you should be fine if that's all you're gonna use it for

3. Ugh, meant to toss this in the circuit board but must have fucked up. My original plan was to build a cheap rig for him but the size of this thing really has me interested. The only concern I have is despite him not pushing it hard I'm not sure how much room that thing has to breathe in there. That's a lot of parts close together making heat. Do you have any experience with the Atom chipset?

4. The Atom chipset is used in netbooks and I don't think this thing is smaller than a netbook. Just make sure what you buy can actually process HD video.

5. thanks diff,

That's what I figured - and great point on HD processing. I got some reading to do.

6. that's not even an atom, that's the amd equivalent (if I'm reading the right specs page, it even has an onboard radeon 6xxx series video chip so it'll easily be able to do HD) and they're fairly new, so it should be fine for the purpose

I've got one of the original atoms myself in a netbook and it shits out heat like you wouldn't believe, but shouldn't overheat or anything like that

edit: this is the one I was checking the specs on http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-zbox-a...02-plus-u.html
    Last edited by cka; 11 May 2011 at 03:34 PM.