View Poll Results: Which Sega Gen did you own, and how did you feel about it?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved, First release Model 1 (the one with hi def graphics on the back)

19 65.52%
  • Hated, First release Model 1 (the one with hi def graphics on the back)

1 3.45%
  • Loved, Later Release Model 1 (no hi def graphic/text)

2 6.90%
  • Hated, Later Release Model 1 (no hi def graphic/text)

0 0%
  • Loved, early Model 2

3 10.34%
  • Hated, early Model 2

0 0%
  • Loved, late Model 2

1 3.45%
  • Hated, late Model 2

0 0%
  • Loved, Other

3 10.34%
  • Hated, Other

0 0%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis Music - A Poll!

1. The "cheering" sound is what really cements the nightmare.

2. Holy fuck was I not expecting that! It was like those gifs people used to make of a still image with instructions to stare at it, until some scary face pops out like 30 seconds in.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The Genesis was undoubtedly better for playing on a TV, and the Nomad had that annoying problem where it would freeze if it was jarred at all...
    Had I known that was a common problem, I wouldn't have given mine away. Kinda bummed now.

4. Was listening to this on my mp3 player with headphones in and couldn't believe that this came out of the Genesis. If it didn't have those terrible cymbal hits it would be perfection.

5. Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    Genesis music was so shitty.
    Bull. Genesis music is most often THE shit. Maybe you haven't heard Midnight Resistance (it kills the arcade version's plinky tunes actually), Thunder Force II/III/IV, Space Harrier II, Out Run, Gauntlet (IINM you have to turn on the option for it), Gaiares, Granada, MUSHA, SFII SCE, or Mega Turrican.

I won't argue about the voice quality in SFII SCE (Have a Halls, guys), but the music on Genesis is better than that on SNES SFII "Turbo".

G-LOC, Smash TV, and MKI/II on Genesis suck in the BGM department- 1st gen title Super Thunder Blade's BGM isn't too great either but it destroys these four. That's a Probe fuckup, not the Genesis' fault. T2 Arcade's BGM was not too bad on Genesis, OTOH. Most of Probe's Genesis soundtracks don't do the Genesis justice, being tinny as hell.

Marble Madness' soundtrack on Genesis could have been better, at least in EA's version - BUT there's another port on Megadrive that Tengen did. Japan got this one. We got screwed. This one looks and sounds nearly identical to the arcade, like Gauntlet did. EA's version looks and sounds like Hell now that I've seen this.

Damn, that box looks good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarbleMadness_MD_JP_Box.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	61746  
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 20 May 2011 at 08:21 PM.

6. Personal favorite from my first Genesis game:

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    That's a Probe fuckup, not the Genesis' fault.
    Curious: Probe's 32x port is fucking horrific. How is that even possible?

8. That's crazy talk.

9. the music in this game was great, too. most original genesis games had great sounding music. i remember when i got a genesis 2 i was bumed that it didn't have a headphone jack. also fm synth is pretty interesting.

lagrange point came out on the nes but the music sounds like a genny game.

then there's the etrian odyssey games done by koshiro using the fm synth pc-8801 for the soundtrack. i love that janky sound.

does anyone know what's used in the wii? all the konami rebirth games sound like genesis games.
    Last edited by rama; 23 May 2011 at 02:02 PM.

10. Man, I'm havin a Genesis day today!

(I know this is on other platforms, but I love it)
    The SNES doesn't touch this sound.
    Last edited by Changeling; 23 May 2011 at 03:31 PM.