Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what is this?

1. Well, if you can analyze our page source, cka can post.

What if I promise to stop.

3. God I hate packed js. Josh, were you asking what they were because they run constantly and slow/halt your connection? Because all sites do that now.

4. They don't load in line with the page, so they shouldn't really slow down anything. It may show them as loading in your status bar, but they should not actually hold up any part of the page to any degree you would notice. Does the site seem slow?

I've become interested in what is tracking my web viewing habits, and why. That's all.

I use this.

6. What browser do you use? I assume if you have a problem with analytics it isn't Chrome or Rockmelt. Firefox snoops a bit, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

They all snoop. I don't have a problem with it, per se... I'm just interested in seeing what's going on.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    They don't load in line with the page, so they shouldn't really slow down anything. It may show them as loading in your status bar, but they should not actually hold up any part of the page to any degree you would notice. Does the site seem slow?
    No slower than any other site, which is to say yes... but there's nothing to be done. Trackers and snoopers are annoying when their shoddy programming just keeps opening threads and not closing them, and then I have to quit my browser to continue viewing the web as normal. The noise of my HD being accessed continually is bothersome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    there's nothing to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post