Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of these worth watching?

1. Any of these worth watching?

A nerd just traded in some Anime. Would any of these be recommended watching?
    Historically, I've liked Nadia, Full Metal Panic, Milk Chan, Fruits Basket, Kino's Journey, and Nadesico.

There are the following to choose from:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Complete
    Last Exile (this one looks cute)
    Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki
    Gunslinger Girl
    Desert Punk
    Cowboy Bebop remix complete collection
    Samurai Champloo

I recognize names like Evangelion, Bebop, and Samurai Champloo and know they're plenty popular with teen anime fans or were at one time. But now that we are older (me moreso than most of you) would you still say they're worth the time?

2. Neon Genesis is good, the new 2.0 stuff seems to be better. The only good Tenchi Muyo is the original OVA stuff. Don't know about Bebop remix stuff, but the original was a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Bebop Remix is just a remaster of the original series. Bebop is one of, if not the best series you'll see. It's a no-brainer recommendation. It's also the very first thing I'd recommend for someone concerned about more mature taste.

Samurai Champloo is also up there with Bebop (same creater/studio IIRC). Evangelion is worth watching once even with the movies coming out (eventually). The rest, I don't know. But those 3 are required viewing if you're interested in anime at all.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. People front (and will continue to... if they haven't already), but Evangelion is still as amazing as ever. But even if it was suddenly horrible, you should still check it out for its historical significance.

The characters and world design of Last Exile were enough to keep me interested despite a middle half that gets kinda boring and political.

I read the first Gunslinger Girl manga volume, and found it way too depressing, so never tried the anime.

5. It's anime, bro. Of course not.

6. Eva is excellent in spite of the silly religious symbolism. Adds to the charm, IMO

Cowboy Bebop is worth watching just for the production. Incredibly stylish, great music, etc. The show itself is far too episodic though.

I don't know much about the others.

I enjoyed Last Exile in 2005. I can't say for sure if it holds up.

8. Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Complete - Yes
    Last Exile (this one looks cute) - Yes
    Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki - Fuck No
    Gunslinger Girl - If it's the original, sure, but after everything else.
    Desert Punk - Fuck No
    Cowboy Bebop remix complete collection - Before anything else, Yes.
    Samurai Champloo - Yes

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    The show itself is far too episodic though.
    Epmode is entitled to his opinion, but I don't think "episodic-ness" is an inherently bad/inferior thing. For Bebop, it works well, and there are also several episodes that touch on the overarching story.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

10. Bebop is arguably the most important anime series ever created and is ranked by many as the best, or one of the best, series ever produced by the industry.

If you watch any anime at all, and you skip Bebop, you're missing out a really important part of the industries history. Not to mention, epmode still didn't say it wasn't worth watching, he just didn't like that it was episodic.