Thread: Blockbuster - Five used Blu-ray titles for $20

1. Blockbuster - Five used Blu-ray titles for $20

In case people haven't heard, Blockbuster is currently running a deal where their used Blu-ray titles are five for $20 until June 6th for all titles $9.99 and lower. Two stores I checked had a decent stash of stuff - picked up the new Star Trek, new Karate Kid, G.I. Joe, Zombieland, and District 9. They come in the stupid blockbuster cases, which sucks, but hey they were cheap.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Hrm, I don't really need more movies, but this is a pretty good deal and I have spare cases. Do Blockbuster movies have the original cases?

3. The cases they come in have the full packaging art, but it's art created specifically for Blockbuster to find in a standard DVD case. So, you could put the discs in replacement Blu-ray cases, but you'd have no cover art for it.

I checked my store, and their blus had the original insert glued to a blue sheet of paper. I should be able to get them into regular cases with minimal fuss. Thanks for the heads up!

5. Yeah, in picking up a second batch of titles, I finally looked close enough to notice that. Awesome, especially given I already have extra Blu-ray cases. Also picked up Scott Pilgrim, Alice in Wonderland, Day the Earth Stood Still, Quarantine, and Coraline.

If anybody goes to pick stuff up, and sees Chocolate (the Asian movie) or Ponyo, buy them for me please! I've seen them as part of the deal, but saw no copies out there.
    Last edited by mollipen; 21 May 2011 at 08:30 PM.

You are aware that you can download movies... right?

7. New Karate Kid, lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    New Karate Kid, lol.
    Screw you, it's good. I'm 50/50 on if you've even seen it or not when saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You are aware that you can download movies... right?
    Yeah, and?

9. I bought five on Saturday as well - thanks for the heads up.

Green Zone, Coraline, Public Enemies, Wolfman, and & Duplicity.