Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sega-16 Taken Down

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I don't see why anyone would deliberately be targeting the site. They haven't in 7 years, and we've had no problems that warrant such attacks. The people responsible for the hack apparently do this sort of thing for fun, regardless of who it is.
    Personally I think its a pissed off ex-forum member that one of the mods threw the perma-ban at before they were done with the boards. I obviously don't have any evidence for it but seeing as someone is hell bent on ruining the forums and the community it has picked up over the years, I would be less inclined to point the finger at someone who just likes seeing random things burn.

Despite all that, I didn't sign up here to point fingers, just wanted to say to Melf that I hope that this whole fiasco has a happy ending for those of us who really appreciate Sega-16. It's one of my favorite sites, and I wish you the best of luck in this shitty to say the least situation.

2. Fucking 4:40am EST

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtftnl.png 
Views:	1417 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	61773  
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

Nerds get up early.

4. Fuck these cunts. The Sega site is great but even a retard could understand the logic behind this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Uriel: a lot of Sega 16 users are European.

Sucks for them.

7. fuckin' putos

Your site's great, Melf! Hope this shit gets ironed out.

8. Remake the site in Wordpress, and let them worry about security and pushing out updates. Setting up your own instance of Wordpress is stupidly easy, and with just a little bit of work you can put together stuff that doesn't feel like just another blog style-wise.

I didn't visit Sega-16 often, but I can't remember anything you were doing with it that Wordpress couldn't handle.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. The only concern I have is the reader review feature. Forum members could give each reviewed game a reader score and add a 400 character comment. It was really popular, and it was great for balancing reviewer scores. One of my staff says he found a plug-in (GD Star Rating) that is similar, though.

10. there's that, and I'm pretty certain there's also a plugin that lets you use your vbulletin userbase for wordpress' users and such