Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Grooming Products

1. Grooming Products

I've been cutting my own hair for almost a full year now. It ain't so bad but I cut my hair to pretty much bald anyway. Makes it much easier than shaping it up and shit.

Anyway, does anyone else do this? And if so, can you recommend some good clippers? The ones I own need to be oiled up and it's a bitch to maintain. Any suggestions?

Also, for a beard trimmer I was thinking about Con Air's iStubble. Any good?

2. You can probably get away with this. I use this as a beard trimmer, but it also has separate attachments for trimming your hair, if that's what you're into. I got mine on Amazon for around $45-$50.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

3. Back when I was cutting my hair short, I just had these Vidal Sassoon clippers that always did a good job. Keeping them oiled is just something you'll have to do, I think, due to the nature of the clippers. But, I mean, I did that maybe once every couple times I used them, and it wasn't that big of a deal. Other maintenance wise, I think it depends on how the blades themselves are shaped and positioned. I know I had a set that, due to the way they were put together, had a lot of space between the blades that was a bitch to clean, and that got really annoying.

So, no great recommendation, but all of the options I've encountered have required regular oiling.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. I use my clippers twice a week. Oiling would have to be done every two weeks. Funk that noise.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Anyway, does anyone else do this? And if so, can you recommend some good clippers?

I do this too and I'm also interested in quality equipment.

Right now I use some Norelco thing I have and I just use a size four on the sides of my head and then I hand measure and cut everything on the top, usually just measured by running my fingers through my hair and cutting what sticks up over my middle two fingers. I save myself $20 a month and honestly for how I do my hair end up with basically the same haircut I would at my old Barbers. I do have to have the girlfriend clean up the back, though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    You can probably get away with this. I use this as a beard trimmer, but it also has separate attachments for trimming your hair, if that's what you're into. I got mine on Amazon for around $45-$50.
    Got many low scores on Amazon. Bully that.

I was hoping this would be a thread about how to properly wax and mold your face hair like this dude:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funny-Beard-Pictures-2.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	61771  

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Bully

9. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    You can probably get away with this. I use this as a beard trimmer, but it also has separate attachments for trimming your hair, if that's what you're into. I got mine on Amazon for around $45-$50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Got many low scores on Amazon. Bully that.
    4 stars out of 5 is low? You are a princess...
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. Also,

Edit: Pictures from this link won't copy. Whatever. Check out Jack Passion and Karl Heinz.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 23 May 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Stupid pictures.