Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

1. Shit looks good, and I've enjoyed each iteration so far so I doubt this will be any different. If nothing else these games usually have stellar online and are a lot of fun to get into with other TNLers, making it a pretty solid bet for a day/week 1 purchase. I'd just prefer to not have to prestige 30 fucking times to unlock everything, even if it is stupid bullshit like extra layers for your emblem.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Fuck you, Activision.
    Does EA know about your infidelity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Call of Duty Elite:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/call...tails-features

Activision offering me "features" that are free in other games? For only 7.99 a month?

This company and series can go fuck itself.

4. Hilarious. I hope it doesnt start a trend for other companies but COD is probably the only series that can get away with it. People will pay for it - you know they will.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

5. They're going to make so much money off this, just like the premium Warcraft horseshit. Can't blame em', gotta milk that rabid fanbase for all they're worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Does EA know about your infidelity?
    EA has somewhat redeemed themselves in my eyes through releasing quality games: Crysis, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Burnout, Hot Pursuit, etc. It doesn't hurt that any awful business practices they still have are dwarfed by Activision's, such as this Elite nonsense. And Project $10 has not affected me at all, since every game I just listed I bought on Steam.

edit: I neglected to mention that I'm not paying $60 for EA's, Ubisoft's, or Activision's PC games. That's one practice that they can all shove up their asses.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 31 May 2011 at 12:57 PM.

7. I look forward to decimating the peanut allergy squad.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    The best part is how 90% of those extras are already handled by bungie.net
    But I guess Activision publishes Bungie's stuff now so......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elitebungiecomp.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	61864  

9. lol @ paying to see stats

10. I will still buy and play cod online. Lol at paying for that other shit though. Good luck with that activision. If you cant get fanboys like me to buy into that shit, enjoy getting casuals to eat it. I really hope the game sells millions again, but only ends up with 1000 elite subscribers.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"