Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube 3D

Film YouTube 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergizmo
    For folks who have 3D capable computers using NVIDIA 3D Vision hardware, but have run out of 3D content to watch or games to play can rejoice – investing in that 3D setup wasn’t a waste after all. NVIDIA has just announced today that users will be able to enjoy YouTube’s 3D channel in stereoscopic 3D with their NVIDIA 3D Vision PCs and notebooks.

“We’re excited to introduce HTML5 and WebM support to the thousands of 3D videos available on YouTube,” said Jonathan Huang, 3D Product Manager at YouTube. “By embracing these open standards, NVIDIA 3D Vision users now have a great way of experiencing YouTube’s library of 3D content.”

Users will have to use Mozilla Firefox (version 4 or above) and have their NVIDIA 3D GeForce drivers updated (version 275 or above) in order to experience 3D YouTube videos though. For more information about how to view YouTube 3D, head over to the 3Dvisionlive website.

It’s funny how Google Chrome wasn’t mentioned in the announcement considering how YouTube is Google’s property after all. Perhaps in the next Chrome update?
    Link

This is so awesome. I anxiously await 3DS trailers using this.

2. I am shaking my head at this.

I can't wait till this technology is dead.

Yeah, good luck with that, unless you mean just the glasses.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This is so awesome. I anxiously await 3DS trailers using this.
    Really?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that, unless you mean just the glasses.
    I meant this whole approach to 3D.

Which part? I guess the answer is "yes" either way. You can't get a feel for 3DS games with 2D videos.

7. All the tools we use to produce 3D right now are gimmicky and go against how our eyes work.

When we hit holograms or true 3D displays that don't require the machines to "mesh" 2D images together I'll give a shit. Until then this is just so much fucking gimmick and it's not even new, people just decided two years ago that they wanted to start giving a shit about crappy decade old technology.
    Last edited by Opaque; 27 May 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: I shouldn't have put the word "us" in here, at all. Corrected.

8. What the fuck are you on about? The way our eyes work (in conjunction with our brain) IS by meshing two 2d images together.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 May 2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: regards to compass

9. I don't have to explain to you that the 3DS does something different than what our eyes are normally looking at with a screen, or even just normal objects and scenery, right?

You are aware that the way it sends light out in patterns to produce a fake 3D image is very different than how everything else we view works, right?

10. You don't have to explain anything. In fact, I really prefer you to not even try. Your words are there, for all to see.

Nice stealth edit there.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 May 2011 at 03:48 PM.