Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)

PlayStation 3 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)

I think there were only two interesting and newly announced games at E3 so far, which is terrible. This is one of them though!
    Last edited by Yoshi; 18 May 2012 at 09:35 AM.

2. I really like the Sly games, I'm playing through them again now via the PS3 collection. I'm a bit nervous about the fact that Sucker Punch isn't doing this one though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Agreed on all accounts.

4. I'm going to go with cautious optimism. The guys doing this seem to really care about Sly, but they have no real development history, just a shitty wii game and two ports.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I never played the Sly Cooper games. Not for any calculated reason, I think I just didn't have a working PS2 when the series was at the peak of its popularity.

How do they hold up? Still worth getting if no nostalgia is involved?

6. They're damned good platformers still. Well worth picking up the collection and playing them. I think Mzo is playing through them right now so he'd be good for impressions of them without the nostalgia.

Yeah, I'm still on the second game. They've held up well but they have undeniable signs of aging. I don't like that they changed the platforming focus of the first game to an open world mission style for the second, but making a retarded sequel is something that happened a lot to Sony platformers. It's still good for what it is. I have no idea what to expect for the third. I think R&C is the only series that got it right by improving on every aspect of the first game without remaking it to fit whatever retarded trend was popular that hot minute.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I LOVE sly!

I played through the original series back when they were released and I'm currently about 10% from finishing the first game in the collection. Still holds up super well today from both a gameplay and presentation perspective.

I liked two as the top of the series back in the day, but we'll have to see how I feel when I finish playing through them all again.

Definitely worth playing for people new to the series.

Sounds like a new voice actor for Bentley in the trailer though.

And I was in the minority, but I felt Jak (out of the big three ps2 platformers) actually got better as the series progressed. The psuedo gta gameplay in 2 (and 3) was dope!

9. the third one dropped some of the open world stupidity, it was a more enjoyable game than the second one. First is still the best though.

10. Destructoid has a preview of Sly 4.

Having never played the series when they came out on PS2, I'm now going through them on the collection and I'm having a blast. Currently going through 2 (good, not great so far) but I'm still excited for Sly 4.