Page 1 of 39 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon's Crown

1. Dragon's Crown

This was brought up in another thread, but I'd figure it deserves its own.

Dragon's Crown is a four-player, hi-res 2D brawler inspired by Golden Axe and Capcom's D&D games. The developer is Vanillaware, makers of Odin Sphere and Muramasa. It will be available for PS3 and MitaVita in Spring 2012.

Official site

Here's an interesting quote from Vanillaware's George Kamitani.

"The idea for the game itself had its start around 13 years ago," Kamitani told Famitsu magazine in an interview published this week. "Dragon's Crown was concepted immediately after Princess Crown -- it was originally a Dreamcast project. I worked on [Capcom's] Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom before that, and ever since then, I've always been hoping I could work on something like that again. It was hard to convince a publisher to greenlight the idea, but I rewrote the project plan after finishing up Muramasa and finally managed to get Ignition to sign on with the game."
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. I hope they release a demo, I still don't trust anything about them besides their art department.

3. Doesn't look as good as the D&D games or The Revenge of Death Adder. The anatomy is completely hilarious though!

Skadi needs to be an unlockable character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The anatomy is completely hilarious though!
    Seriously! They really need an anatomy book or two. The Amazon is too ridiculous.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

5. Wow, that is gorgeous. If it plays half as good as it looks it ought to be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    MitaVita
    What's this? Google has no clue. I should probably know. Oh, the portable.
    Last edited by koda; 09 Jun 2011 at 04:36 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    What's this? Google has no clue. I should probably know.
    PS Vita.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I hope they release a demo, I still don't trust anything about them besides their art department.
    This is 100% true. I wish Odin Sphere didn't play like melted shit.

8. Probably worth buying for the art alone, hopefully they can squeeze some satisfying, even if basic, gameplay in there. Even the little clips seemed to suggest something more than X, X, Y, hopefully a nice, nuanced combo system. The uniquely exaggerated anatomy is all win, IMO...if this looked and moved like Blazblue or Castle Crashers (for instance), I doubt I'd even look twice.

The other games they've made looked really nice, but I heard they were lackluster in the gameplay department...seemed like they were both almost good, so maybe third time's the charm?

9. I'd love for these guys to ditch the "RPG" stuff and try to make this focused, challenging, and complicated (like, say, Capcom's belt scroll games), but I'm sure that their games will continue to be super bloated.
    Last edited by Tain; 09 Jun 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    The developer is Vanillaware, makers of Odin Sphere and Muramasa.
    Pass.