Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting over an anime

1. Getting over an anime

So I finally got around to watching Toradora and I absolutely loved it. However, the end of such a good thing has left me in withdrawal. I haven't felt this empty after the end of an anime series since Onegai Teacher. It had a good story, great character development and a satisfying ending, but it's hard to accept that it's over.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing with any anime series (of any genre) and what do you usually do to get over it quickly?

I can't remember how I got over Onegai Teacher, so I'm trying out comedies and action series to contrast the drama.

2. Furious masturbation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Heroin.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Heroin.
    Oooo yeah. That's a good one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I guess the tried and true methods are the best.

6. I was wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing with any anime series (of any genre) and what do you usually do to get over it quickly?
    Go back to the beginning and watch it again! It happens with everything: books, particularly good movies, tv shows. Just accept that feeling as part of the experience. Remember Menma.
    Donk

7. Spend way too much money on figures from the show? I haven't watched Toradora! yet. NISA's involvement for the NA releases soured me on it a bit.

8. You get over it by watching something else - like Hourou Musuko or Madoka!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. I wish I could voluntarily unsee and unread my favorite movies/shows and books for this reason. Dementia has a silver lining.

10. Well, what got me over it in the end was watching the last episode again. I followed it up with the latest episodes of Ano Hana and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (which I had set aside while watching a lot of Toradora episodes after one of them hooked me, kind of like 'seeing the ending' in The World God Only Knows).

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Go back to the beginning and watch it again! It happens with everything: books, particularly good movies, tv shows. Just accept that feeling as part of the experience. Remember Menma.
    Hhhmmm. I don't think I can watch the whole series again right away. I prefer to have a little time before I revisit a good series so that I can enjoy the experience again more fresh. I think I'll wait until one of those days when I just naturally say 'I need to watch Toradora! again.' Kind of like what happens every year with Onegai Teacher and Macross 7 for me. There's always some point where it will pop into my mind and I have to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Spend way too much money on figures from the show? I haven't watched Toradora! yet. NISA's involvement for the NA releases soured me on it a bit.
    The figures of Taiga are cute, but the cast of Toradora is one of those ones where I just can't enjoy a lone character. I'd love to get my hands on this set of Taiga and Ryuuji.

EDIT: Yeah, it's hard to find the US DVDs now at a price that isn't utterly ridiculous. This is at the top of my list if there is ever a redistribution of it. If you can watch it though, I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by Station; 12 Jun 2011 at 02:35 PM.