Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dark Tower Novel Coming

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I hear there are stores where they sell used books.
    Yeah. And I like to read shit on my ipad. I lost my original in the divorce, and if I were to read it again I'd want to do it digitally. I'll have to see if someone pirated the original version rather than just buying the ebook. Still, I just really didn't care for the direction that the books took with 5-8. Now new readers who don't know better can't even read the first four how they originally were.

Haha, I lost my original Dark Tower books in a breakup too. Harsh toke.

Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    So lame that he is dragging this through the mud again. I'm sure he will manage to cheapen Wizards and Glass somehow.

When I saw that he went back and had the first book edited to put his stupid fucking "Ka Tet, Thankee Sai" baby talk into it I genuinely wished he hadn't survived the van hitting him. You can't even buy a new copy of the first book as it was originally written. Disgusting.

I sought out an old copy for this reason. I have it. It's great.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. I had original paperbacks of all of them including that wacky giant-size version of Gunslinger and got rid of them by accident a few years ago. Not entirely sure what happened, I guess a box of books just somehow never got picked up when I was moving, because I'm also missing my copies of Davy and the Goblin and the pre-release version of Automated Alice (which has a way better cover than the mass-produced copies). I miss all of them.

5. I still have my original trade paperback editions of the first four. I don't have a problem with King's retroactive conformation (but I thought he only did that with The Gunslinger).

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Explain. I'm not sure I remember... PMs or spoiler tags are the way to go, btw.
    Regarding fake-ending and real-ending? Remember at the end of DT7 King breaks in and is all, "Uh, hey guys. The book ends here without any resolution (because it's all about the journey! You're wrong to want to know what's inside the Tower after twenty years!). But I know people are going to hate me, so I'll also include the "real" ending.... Just keep in mind I hate you if you actually read it.

Ridiculous hedging the likes of which I've never seen.
    Last edited by Compass; 14 Jun 2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Underline, not italics. *tsk*

6. What the fuck kind of a woman takes away your Stephen King books?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. I'm pickin' up towards the end of the first book right now. Is this a Dune "stop reading here because it gets stupid later" kinda series or should I give the rest a shot?

8. read 1-4. Beyond that... you can only blame yourself.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

I go back and forth... The last books are dumb, but it is worth finishing the story.

10. The last 3 books are a waste of time. Read the summary so you can read something better.