Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dark Tower Novel Coming

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I've decided I will read 1-4 then this 4.5 one, and then hope he somehow splits into an alternate universe and rewrites books 5-7 so they don't suck so much pipe.
    Let me know if that works out so I can do the same.

it would be so awesome.

3. I feel like Wolves could actually shape up into a worthwhile installment if some of the dumber shit was removed/changed. The last two books, save for certain passages, are almost totally irredeemable, though. As soon as he wrote himself into the story, I knew it wasn't going to end well.

Even the Ramones t-shirt couldn't save it.

5. Got this today. It's only 300 pages.

I'm halfway through part two and enjoying the fuck out of it.

7. Ah, I forgot this finally came out. Think I'll wait for Compass to (hopefully) post some impressions before I pull the trigger.

8. Now that I have a Kindle, I should go ahead and give these Dark Tower stories a try. There's really no excuse anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The first four (at least) are fantastic.

Do it. Report back. Most of us that have read it would be stoked on talking about it again.

10. I won't be able to start it for a little while, as I need to finish Malazan 3 first. I liked all of them, though -- even 5, 6, and 7 -- so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one. Just wish it was longer. There hasn't been an installment this short since the first. A DT book should have some heft to it. King probably knocked this one out in a month.

And yes, Andrew, what the heck. Read these already if you have any interest. There's nothing quite like 'em.