Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 57891011 LastLast

Thread: New Dark Tower Novel Coming

Pardon me, it's been a bit.

2. well, now that i think about it he shows up in book V. You are still the master. Read it before book V.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. I found a list on some King fansite's message boards.

Shit, this is insane. I don't think I care THIS much.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...-Reading-Order

to start off with, as he said, read his some of his earlier books first. his order works well, but i'd say read Carrie, The Shining, Firestarter, Christine, then The Green Mile.

now it's time for DT, so here's the order it works best in imo:
    1. The Stand Uncut
    2. Eyes Of The Dragon
    3. The Talisman
    4. The Gunslinger Revised
    5. The Drawing Of The Three
    6. IT
    7. The Waste Lands
    8. The Mist (adds a dimension to W&G's thinny)
    9. Wizard And Glass
    10. Insomnia
    11. Hearts In Atlantis
    12. Black House
    13. Bag Of Bones
    14. 'Salem's Lot
    15. Wolves Of The Calla
    16. Song Of Susannah
    17. The Dark Tower

anything else after that you can read in any order. there are other books related to the Tower, such as Desperation and The Regulators, but they don't really add anything to the story that you need to know so you don't need to read them with the series. the next time i tackle the Tower, i'm going to do it in this order with all the books, i've never actually done that before, but i want to get the full experience from the series. it's a shame tho that it won't all be new to me, i miss that feeling of wonder and amazement of reading a series like this for the first time.
    Cripes.

5. I'm reading The Waste Lands right now.

I think the general impression I'm getting is "read The Stand before everything. Then, read Insomnia and Hearts in Atlantis before Book."

The rest can't possibly add THAT much to this series. Also, fuck reading IT.

6. The official "Dark Tower-related" list is in the front of this very thread's book, too...

Insomnia was my favorite connection, but only because it was so subtle and such a surprise. Knowing it's coming will kinda ruin it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Also, fuck reading IT.
    I hope this means fuck RE-reading It.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I hope this means fuck RE-reading It.
    More to do with not wanting anything to do with a killer clown unless it's from outer space.

9. IT was bad-ass with all that trippy Turtle stuff at the end. He really went off the rails, and I don't think we've seen anything that creative since. I think that was during his excessive drug-using phase. Could have done without the ridiculous gang-bang, though.

Do a lot of people have a problem with that part of the ending? I remember the fat, bossy chick on the Escapist podcast saying the ending to It was bullshit but never explaining why, and that was the first thing I thought of as a maybe.

I just kind of shrugged it off when I first read it back in like, 8th grade, but I guess it is weird.

It's only a killer clown SOMETIMES! It's usually whatever you fear the most. One of his best books, definitely.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery