Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dark Tower Novel Coming

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I dunno, man. I read the books in such a wonderful way as they came out. I read the first three when I was pretty young, then when wizard and glass came out it was like WOAH. This project is fuckin ALIVE and AWESOME. I had no faith this series was ever going to continue. Or be good. And Wizard and Glass fucking came out.

And then 5 came out and I was like oooooooooooook.
    I actually had a similar experience. I think I started reading them a couple years before Wizard & Glass came out. And that's still probably his best book. Wolves of the Calla had little chance of living up to it.

Andy the Robot is still bad-ass.

I'm 50 pages from the end of book 3. I love it.

3. The ending to this series is HORSESHIT.
    Boo, Hiss.

I do think 4 is his best book.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I'm a big fan of the first.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    The ending to this series is HORSESHIT.
    Last three books ending, last book ending, fake-ending ending, or real-ending ending? Real-ending ending ruled.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Last three books ending, last book ending, fake-ending ending, or real-ending ending?
    Exactly.
    Boo, Hiss.

Wizard and Glass is the best. That's where I stopped.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I'll be honest I own the other three and I've read maybe 60% total of the last three, including all of book 5, skipped around, read the last hundred pages, and decided not to read the rest of it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I'm a big fan of the first.
    I am too, actually. It's my second favorite. And he hates it, because it's more of a loose idea without much ENDLESS MOUTHSPEWING. It's short, it's focused, and it's intense. It's not really Stephen King like. It's not really about The Dark Tower yet, it wasn't when he wrote it. It was as much the promise of adventure to him as it was to all of us. It was like him writing a serial.

He did pretty good to flesh it out and run with it for a while, wizard and glass was the bees knees, and then he got hit by that buick.

I mean a lot of people don't like the first one because there isn't much there, but I mean that's the whole idea. It leaves so much for you to fill in yourself, it's fucking great. Then when he fills the whole world in with his mishmash you realize it was better when your own imagination was doing most of the work trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. All you need are some killer archetypes and some drama.

Less is more is a serious concept.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 Jun 2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie