1. WTF New Dark Tower Novel Coming

The Wind Through the Keyhole

Book 4.5 as it were.

Announcement.

what
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Oh fuck this.

We all should have known this would happen, too. It's Stephen King. He rushed to "finish" it but he'll be working on this shit his whole life. Instead of being a pussy and hammering out an ending after he nearly died he should have just meandered along it and never ended it as long as he was alive.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

4. But now if he dies you still have an ending. Win-win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Oh fuck this.

We all should have known this would happen, too. It's Stephen King. He rushed to "finish" it but he'll be working on this shit his whole life. Instead of being a pussy and hammering out an ending after he nearly died he should have just meandered along it and never ended it as long as he was alive.
    I find the enterprise dubious, however, Dark Tower isn't so sacred to me that I'm overly bothered. Also, it was practically his life's work. Aside from the main books, how many standalone novels did he link to that world? It's unsurprising he's not quite ready to say goodbye.

Off-topic, but this has bugged me in King's books for a while (well, since I discovered the difference, anyway... which was semi-recently):

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King in the announcement link
    Long story short, I went back to visit an-tet with my friends for awhile.
    I don't expect authors to be perfect, but it's weird none of his editors seem to know the difference between "a while" and "awhile."

6. I've never read a Dark Tower book, but I've read most of everything else he has published. I should probably do something about this at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. They're his best books! The first four anyway. Last three are still good, though, don't listen to the naysayers.

Get on that soon. I wish I could read them again for the first time...

I dunno, man. I read the books in such a wonderful way as they came out. I read the first three when I was pretty young, then when wizard and glass came out it was like WOAH. This project is fuckin ALIVE and AWESOME. I had no faith this series was ever going to continue. Or be good. And Wizard and Glass fucking came out.

And then 5 came out and I was like oooooooooooook.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

9. I might shoehorn the first book into my schedule in a month or so. I really should.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I might shoehorn the first book into my schedule in a month or so. I really should.
    I just finished it this morning! It's great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!