Page 168 of 189 FirstFirst ... 154164166167168169170172182 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1885

Thread: Fighting Game Tournament Discussion or Something

1. There was a really bad cosplay and a girl wearing a D.Va shirt behind LI Jon's dad too, haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Infiltration: ..."Download complete"

Damn.

3. Yeah, that was a great interview. Not a bad EVO!

Nintendo needs to fuck right off, though.

4. That was an entertaining top eight, even with all the mirror matches.

5. Smash aside, good times.

Nothing as dramatic as the SF4 finals last year, but a solid showing.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Fighting Game Tournament Discussion or Something

I wonder if everyone is picking Nash because he's OP or because the game is new and he was the first one who seemed OP.

I didn't find it that interesting but I think the game has more potential for entertainment than SF4. Too bad Capcom won't put actual resources into it.

7. I picked Nash because I used him in Alpha and the announcer called him CHAWWIE

8. 7/10 for evo 2016

+ we finally e-sports now
    + finals day venue was neat
    + seemed like everything ran reasonably smooth
    + random ass post-GF money match request during marvel
    + got set free on a giant ass display
    - we finally e-sports now
    - audio issues, in particular on the last day and especially on the espn2 feed
    - every other stream-side commercial was hocking the cpt dlc during sf5
    - while the venue was neat for finals day, there was a lot of wasted space in it (in particular the stage which looked really cool with the underlighting so it makes sense that they'd wanna show that off, except they didn't)
    - sf5 finals were probably the weakest top 8 of the day gameplay wise, the stars being mkx and melee somehow

if it's gonna keep on with the #riseup in popularity, they should extend it to 4 days

e: forgot about evo japan, hopefully they got the logistics worked out this time and it's also nice they don't have to compete with SBO anymore
    Last edited by cka; 18 Jul 2016 at 12:20 PM.

9. Fighting Game Tournament Discussion or Something

Agree on the quality of the finals matches. They weren't great.

I think the problem is that the "FGC" is still too far up its own ass. I think Mike Ross could be a really good commentator - I like his delivery and enthusiasm. But he was dropping memes and talking over Killian with hype stuff and there wasn't enough strategy and info. It still felt too much like guys from SRK broadcasting to SRK forum posters. That's fine for a Twitch stream but ESPN...

I don't know much about SFV myself and so the lack of info was pretty noticeable. Something I wouldn't have noticed with SF4 because I know that game.

10. It's tough because there's not much downtime during a match to get into that stuff. It's not like football where there's an opportunity to replay and analyze the previous play 40 times before the next one begins.

The only window is the pause between matches, which commentators generally do a good job taking advantage of. I haven't seen the SF finals yet, but Smash's announcers used that downtime to talk about mistakes, match-up advantages, etc.