Page 7 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Game Tournament Discussion or Something

1. He is pretty brutal. I knew when I was having trouble with Chris that something was up. Berserker slash will ruin your day.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. From my playtime with the Tekken Stick, I like it fine, but the last stick I had to compare it to was the Wii arcade stick (also by HORI). It gets the job done but I wouldn't recommend it over a wired stick.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

3. The info asked for:

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleMyName, post: 5437611
    Thanks man.

Marvel ended up with 285 entrants and AE was at 302. T6 ended up with 63, MK9 had 122.

Ended up with like 650 Competitors across all games plus like 200+ spectator Badges Sold.

I'll post up full results of pools sometime later this week, I have a lot of sleep to catch up on.

4. Interesting that Street Fighter had more entries than Marvel. It's crazy to think how many games you'd have to play to make the grand final out of 300 people.

5. I'm not shocked. A lot of people are turned off by quick thinking and move to the slower SF4. This happened with MvC2 and CvS2 back in the day. Many people just cannot comprehend what's going on that quickly.

I remember the major I played in when I was 16. It started at 1 p.m. Sunday and ended 10 a.m. Monday. I was eliminated at 6 a.m. It was brutal. From 200+ people I made it to 33rd place or some shit.

6. Yeah it's even more crazy to think there are people who are so good at the game that they can consistently get through 100+ fights and make their way to the top 8 in all of these tournaments.

You'd think every now and then they'd hit a bad matchup or just have a bad game or something.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I'm not shocked. A lot of people are turned off by quick thinking and move to the slower SF4. This happened with MvC2 and CvS2 back in the day. Many people just cannot comprehend what's going on that quickly.
    Or... they just don't care for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Hahaha I was going to say the same thing yeller lol.

Jyoung: roughly speaking, you have to go through 2^x = entrants, where x is the number of matches you play, plus one extra for the double elim. It's not so bad. When you get good enough. 98% of matches become free, you don't even think, your autopilot just beats them.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Or... they just don't care for the game.
    My word is truth.

10. Of a sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!