Page 175 of 189 FirstFirst ... 161171173174175176177179 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1885

Thread: Fighting Game Tournament Discussion or Something

1. There were rumours that there would be an announcement for DOA after the DOA5 tourney at NEC 2017.
    The announcement is that the game is dead, not alive.
    No sequel was announced and the tone of the whole thing would seem to indicate that the series is at best on hiatus.

The last DOA game I really liked was on the original XBOX, so I don't care one way or another, but it's a bit of a kick in the nuts for the fans who were anticipating a DOA6 announcement.

2. adds up, it's like virtua fighter in the sense that there's no e-sports money in it so why continue to make them

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The last DOA game I really liked was on the original XBOX, so I don't care one way or another.
    100% this. I think it was 3 on the Xbox and it felt so good at the time. Then 4 came out on 360(?) and I wanted to like it but it had lost something I couldn't explain, it just felt wrong. Then 5/U was just... bleh. It's fast and flashy but no fun at all to play. Not to mention the 5 season passes and DLC adding up to over $600, for fucking costumes. Used to be a series that got me very excited *jiggle jiggle* but I've written it off completely at this point.

4. I picked up vanilla DOA5 for $5 new just so I could play as non-fugly Virtua Fighters. It was somewhat fun playing through the story mode as well. I never got around to trying DOA Ultimate for XBOX or DOA Dimensions for 3DS, but I'd like to at some point.

5. I think DOA5 is great, but the Ultimate release is really poor. A gigantic cast doesn't make a game better when the new characters look and play like they were put together in a day. They might as well be tackling dummies.

6. Was Ultimate a disc release? I've never seen it or Last Round as a physical game.

Dimensions was a fun portable that works surprisingly well on the 3ds, unlike sf4. Grab it if you see it cheap.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Was Ultimate a disc release? I've never seen it or Last Round as a physical game.
    I have Last Round on disc for One.

9. EVO Japan has started.

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

One stop post to see what's being played and when/where: https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/25/16...ream-date-time

I'm surprised Arms is being played, I didn't know it had a following.

10. Infiltration's Menat is looking goooooooooooood.