Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Game Tournament Discussion or Something

1. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    You're wasting your time if you go to this event with that mentality.
    Depends on your definition of "waste." I expect to lose, but I will have fun watching some dudes kick ass at MK9!

I will probably use either Sonya or Sheeva. Kano's too cheap for me to play.

2. I haven't heard so many people talk about MK9 since this and the Third Strike thread. And then I saw someone playing it at this new "arcade" that opened up in Toronto.

So, I'm wondering: Are people actually taking this game seriously? I'm not even trolling here.

3. There was a $20,000 first place tournament for MK9 a month or two ago. What do you think?

4. Yeah they really made a great MK with this one. More TNL people should pick it up. I know we have a ton of fighting game enthusiasts on here.

Here's a grand finals video from one of the recent tournaments:

The MK9 portion of CEO starts today at 5 PM EST.

5. I love MK for shits and giggles. I can't compete in the game because it doesn't feel like a competitive game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I can't compete in the game because it doesn't feel like a competitive game.
    It never really did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It never really did.
    Has it ever?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    There was a $20,000 first place tournament for MK9 a month or two ago. What do you think?

I vaguely recall the producer (?) of this game saying he wanted to make it a "real" fighting game. Didn't everyone initially scoff at that?

Btw., the announcers on that video are horrible.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 11 Jun 2011 at 12:08 PM.

9. MK's fighting engine is just rough to really use. It's as if you played Resident Evil and years later played RE4. If you go back to Resident Evil, you expect the game to control the same. Instead, it's tank as fuck. That's how MK feels.

10. It's definitely a "real" fighting game now. Some people just prefer the Capcom style of game, I guess.

Best thing about MK9 is that the moves are all pad-friendly, so you don't need a $100 arcade stick to enjoy it. The WWE Brawl Pad I got is great for everything but throws.

Also, the netcode patch just come out today, so ranked matches are actually playable now! Definitely worth picking up for the $40 it seems to be going for everywhere.