Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 616181920

Thread: Django Unchained

Quote Originally Posted by Anal Kaboom View Post
    I think it's more of a meta-joke. Tarantino casts himself as an Australian slave trader; someone completely divorced from the politics but still exploiting this national tragedy for profit. You can tell from the dialogue the aussie's weren't as racist as the other white guys in the movie, they were just there to get paid. In the end he ends up getting blown the fuck up by the protagonist.
    That wouldn't surprise me. One of his arch types for villains are smart guys who took a bad job either because they didn't care about the morality of it or the big picture was outside of their line of site. Which I guess is a better reflection of reality than most movies. Few people are truly evil. Most are either stupid or trying to get paid. They're not doing whatever out of hate or malice.

He also turns this on its head by having evil characters that are actually very likable and you don't really realize they are evil until further vewings

2. I liked this sugar britches shit. It lived up to my very long waiting for such an event. Only complaint is the Pirates of the Caribbean missplacement of the epic battle 20 mins before it ends.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. I've watched it 3 times now. I love every bit of it.
    Except the director and his shitty accent.
    Even Leonardo managed his accent ok. Much better than usual anyway.

Leo's accent was terrible for realism, but great as a performance.

I want to watch this again, it's so good.

Me and my boys at work cant stop referencing this shit. Sam Jackson's character had some of the funniest and memorable dialog in the entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Except the director and his shitty accent.
    qft
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

he was Australian. And of course it was bad.

8. ...no one was confused as to what he was trying to sound like.
    It was just really, really bad and jarring.