Confirmed so far:

Leonardo Di'Caprio - unnamed villain
    Samuel L. Jackson - right hand man to villain
    Christopher Waltz - German Bounty hunter, who joins Django

Three actors are up for the role of Django:

Will Smith
    Idris Elba
    Jamie Foxx

Release date has been confirmed for Christmas 2012.

Rumored Plot:

Django is a freed slave, who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter (played by Christopher Waltz the evil Nazi officer in Inglorious Basterds) becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself, and after assisting Waltz in taking down some bad guys for profit, is helped by Waltz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner. And that doesn’t even half begin to cover it! This film deals with racism as I’ve rarely seen it handled in a Hollywood film. While it’s 100 percent pure popcorn and revenge flick, it is pure genius in the way it takes on the evil slave owning south. Think of what he did with the Nazis in Inglorious and you’ll get a sense of what he’s doing with slave owners and slave overseers in this one.

They are unsure if its a remake of the 1966 Django starring Franco Nero or rather a spiritual successor. The screenplay has been submitted for sometime now. Filming will begin shortly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leonardo-DiCaprio-rumored-for-Django-Unchained.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	62004  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Hopefully they get Idris Elba. Smith is getting old and Foxx, i don't know if i could buy him as a freed slave. Elba has a much better revenge face.

3. The script was actually leaked awhile back and it has me really excited. It's really good. Waltz is perfect for that character who happens to be the standout of the movie.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

4. Idris Elba would be awesome in this. Will Smith not so much.

5. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    yeah. so much suck.

7. Interest down substantially.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. We could have had Heimdall and instead we get fucking Ray? Goddamit Tarantino...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. NOOOOOOOOOO
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

10. Trailer (until it gets taken down)

Looks goooooooooooood.