Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

1. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

So this looks really... interesting.

I dropped a preorder on it even though I'm sure it'll be $5 in a few months. It's too abstract and bizarre to appeal to a mass audience. But, I'll take creativity and unusual ideas over Modern Warfare every time.

Comes out next month.

Boo, Hiss.

2. Played the demo, wasn't thrilled. I hope the actual game is better.

3. Boo, Hiss.

4. A friend of mine did the translation work for this game. Said the story is pretty wacky but good stuff, and it looks like the game is pretty decent too.

Unfortunately I already have a shit ton of games to finish and am busy as fuck all for the next few months... maybe after august I'll check it out.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I liked what I played in the demo. I'll buy it.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Been interested in this one since I first saw screens of it, looks really good in motion. Do want.

I will fish it out of the bargain bin in a couple months.

8. I'm not feeling the gameplay at all, at least from the demo. You can shrug off death by mashing buttons, you have to "purify" your weapons which really just makes you stand still for about 5 seconds as it doesn't seem to have any interesting applications, and the combat itself appears to be like a poor man's Devil May Cry. The jumping is alright, I guess, but based on what's available in the demo, your projectile weapon is next to useless.

This game was directed entirely by Okami's art director, and while it's pretty and people are giving it good reviews because of aesthetic choices, it just seems like a poor gameplay experience.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I will fish it out of the bargain bin in a couple months.
    This is a retail release? I got a PSN vibe the whole time I played it. I can't see this being worth full price based on the demo. Granted, that probably means they made a shitty demo that doesn't do the full game justice, and it wouldn't be the first time.