Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626282930

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer 2011)

1. Been playing a bit of Kirby's Dream Course following the Kirby talk in the DS thread. It's great, but sometimes the level design is too tight. In other golf games including Actual Golf, shooting the ball close to, but not exactly where you wanted to is a good thing that won't always cost you a stroke unless you're chipping or putting. In Kirby, you're almost always going to get knocked for at least one stroke for missing an enemy. The stages aren't singularly focused; they're series of self-contained chips and putts. The way the game gives you chances to win back strokes anticipates this, but it's still frustrating. Oops, I missed the enemy, but landed on the conveyer belt and am being shuffled several screens away! Awesome!

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Holy fuck, Ducktales is like the best game ever! I never really played it before, other than a few minutes at a friend of a friend's house back when I was 10. Pogo bouncing on the cane is a lot more fun than it really should be.
    Play Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers for the NES next. It's so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Play Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers for the NES next. It's so good.
    I think the game store had that as well, I'll grab it next time I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.