Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34444647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Justice Is A Tool AKA The Never Ending Debate Concerning Used Game Sales

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Phantasy Star IV, Chronotrigger, and Secret of Evermore were all $80.
    PSIV was $99.99, I have mine in original shrinkwrap with the KayBee Toys price tag (crossed out with pen and marked down to $29.99) to prove it.

Strider and PSII were extra pricey early Genesis games, $70-75, iirc

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    How and what? People or just the site? The forums or the main page?
    Just "The Next Level", in a mention Brandon makes about this very thread. It's in a roundtable thing we did for the issue we're going to be finishing soon. So, it'll be the issue that hits around the middle of next month.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I remember all those high prices and didn't buy any of them. A year or two later, I bought them for a song from Blockbusters or local mom n pop video stores.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Love View Post
    Strider and PSII were extra pricey early Genesis games, $70-75, iirc
    Strider cost $72 at TRU here at release. I remember my friend Miguel being all excited about getting it. When I got to his house, he was major pissed, since he had beaten it in 20 minutes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Has anyone here ever pirated a PS3 game or know anybody in real life who ever pirated a PS3 game?

Icarus is just wrong and thinks this is still the Dreamcast era for some reason. Piracy is pretty under control when it comes to console gaming and will likely to continue to be as long as services like PSN and Live carry weight.

go on craigslist and look for PS3s in your area, you will find dozens with "80+ games preloaded on HD"
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Evermore was kind of awesome.
    I have to admit I liked it also. It was better then I originally thought it was and I loved the fact that the Dog was so stupid strong.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. The Great Shidoshi mentioned that TNL was mentioned a couple times in an then upcoming but now long since past issue of EGM.
    Sadly, my sub ran out I think just before that issue and I never renewed.
    Anyone have it? What was said?
    IF SHIDOSHI EVER GETS OFF HIS HIGH HORSE AND STARTS POSTING AGAIN MAYBE HE'LL JUST TELL US WHAT IT WAS!

p.s. BJ is still a tool.

8. From Shidoshi via TNL Facebook Group:

Could somebody post this in the TNL thread I linked below? After that period where the board was getting hacked and I had to change my password like three times in a row, I now seem to not be able to remember what it currently is every time I've tried.
    This was from EGM issue #251. My comment in response to Brandon (saying something in defense of TNL) ended up not making it in.
    "Brandon: I just want you to know that's the exact reason why the people over on The Next Level forums called me a tool. That's exactly what my article was about."
    So that was the reference that ended up surviving to print.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Why does the magazine that Mr. Justice is Editorial Director of insist on calling vintage shit retro?
    Why does Dave Halverson write dumb copy like "The word 'retro' implies old or antiquated, but the titles displayed in the pages that follow are anything but. A game is a game. They're only new until they're old." He then lists 20 games, some of which are from almost 30 years ago. WHICH MAKES THEM OLD.

I admit that when I subbed to this travesty, my expectation was low, and yet it managed to deftly limbo beneath that bar with ample room to spare.

10. Calling old stuff retro is standard. I used to write for IGN Retro, which was about old games not new games with pixelly sprites.

Yoshi's going to come in and argue why that shouldn't be, but it's kind of not the point.