Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: New Google Stuff

1. Organize your media fool. And razor i use the android app it works great.

My media is wonderfully organized...in iTunes, where my podcasts are separated from my music.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Gotta just select the music folder, son.

Anyway... There is a song limit? I haven't uploaded my shit yet.

4. I'm on google+

it's facebook without the userbase but with better user management

hangout is pretty sweet, though

5. I've already said I'm switching to Google+ as soon as it hits.

Facebook is just one train wreck after another and it's really only useful because everyone you know is on it, but this is obviously better and everyone will just go to it, so fuck facebook.

6. Prediction: the masses will stay with Facebook, + will be for power users and will eat up a significant portion of Twitter's user base.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

7. yeah, facebook as-is is just too huge to get replaced by a google version (see: hotmail, gmail) but I could see G+ being a solid second for power users/neckbeards; also, ironically enough, the major selling point of G+ is that how you manage your friend lists (with the circle thing) can also be done on facebook via group lists but you gotta jump through a bunch of hoops to set it up properly instead of drag & drop

also, + seems mighty slim from a marketing standpoint, whereas on fb you can have dedicated page listings for your business which I know is huge for a lot of businesses

8. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Prediction: the masses will stay with Facebook, + will be for power users and will eat up a significant portion of Twitter's user base.
    People said this shit about Myspace.

Everyone was all "facebook is so small and everyone has a myspace and you can't even put music on your page or change it's color" and NOW look at it. The news feed, like button and real names destroyed Myspace. Things like circles, huddle and not being facebook give google+ a big ups in my book and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it took over in a few years.

9. That's just what Google needs, more personal info.

10. I agree with Opaque - plus Twitter serves a way broader function than Facebook. If Twitter is affected at all I'd be surprised (since it really is about what's hot "right now" at this very second).

We'll see if Google+ takes off, but it has a red-hot vibe about it from everyone I know who is in beta. That being said Google seems to release a new social tool every 2 months these days (buzz anyone?) so we'll see. I'd make the switch in a heartbeat. Facebook has stretched beyond its original purpose and it shows.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 04 Jul 2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."