Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: New Google Stuff

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    People said this shit about Myspace.

Everyone was all "facebook is so small and everyone has a myspace and you can't even put music on your page or change it's color" and NOW look at it. The news feed, like button and real names destroyed Myspace. Things like circles, huddle and not being facebook give google+ a big ups in my book and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it took over in a few years.
    MySpace was nowhere near the saturation level that Facebook is now. People's moms and dads and teachers and aunties and neighbors were not on MySpace. If you think that comparing the MySpace > Facebook exodus to this is anything but retarded, you've been asleep for the last 4 years. The world has changed.

Also, http://circlehack.com - Facebook circles written by a FB engineer in less than 24 hours of + existing publically.

I don't want to come off like a FB fanboy, I actually really like + and will use it a lot, but it really is game over in the social space.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

Bullshit. Nothing is on top forever.

3. Of course not. The next 5 to 10 years though?
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

I don't know, man. It's been on top long enough that the hip are looking for something to replace it. It's not "cool" anymore.

3 years, I think. Maybe less?

5. My point is that the 'hip' don't matter anymore. 750 million active accounts, man, and growing.

Anyone wanna take a 2,3,5 year bet? This time in 201whatever, Facebook is still the number 1 online social network, in terms of active users. $100.00 right here. You know I'm serious / good for it.
    ABOUT ME.

6. Wait till China gets on board (another area where + is going to have a really hard time).
    ABOUT ME.

7. Actually for the first time since its inception Facebook didn't grow at all last quarter except in newer markets. There is a critical mass for these things - and newness / tools are what drives their success. I'm not saying Google+ is a shoe-in as a Facebook killer. But eventually it will happen. I personally hope it's a brand new company. Facebook and Twitter have given Google a shot in the arm. I wouldn't go by subscribers as the key measure of success, either. I mean even now MySpace still has a buttload of active memberships, too, but is it relevant? Not a lick.

Technology is so much faster now than it was in just 2008. Imagine where we'll be in 2014/15. And it's only going to get faster. And the tech smaller (smart phones the size of nanotechnology, etc.) Nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Wait till China gets on board (another area where + is going to have a really hard time).
    Facebook isn't even the Facebook of China. Ren Ren is.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 04 Jul 2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. except in newer markets
    That's a really fucking big exception.

And slower growth still means growth.
    Last edited by Detour; 04 Jul 2011 at 10:59 PM.
    ABOUT ME.

9. No, because new markets are not saturated. It's fair to say Facebook is going to have growth in Germany with its millions of people and 0 market saturation. People are inevitably going to join. The test is key markets. (namely NA for web tech) In this way business is retarded, though. It's not safe to assume one month of stalling growth is a death knell to begin with. But I was just sayin'. No business is guaranteed safety if they stagnate. Maybe FB will revamp itself with tools we all love in the upcoming months/years. Specifics in tech are mostly all guesswork.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Gotta just select the music folder, son.

Anyway... There is a song limit? I haven't uploaded my shit yet.
    I think its 20K Songs.

Ive been using google music since they launched because I had work's Xoom on my Google Acct.

Works awesome, but doesn't support bluetooth track skip commands. Would also be awesome if I could send the audio out to a DLNA media renderer.
    Last edited by Wildkat; 05 Jul 2011 at 08:41 AM.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin