Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega Saturn Question

1. Sega Saturn Question

Hey. I'm replacing my Saturn's battery so I can start saving games again in anticipation of playing my newly acquired copy of Dragon Force. Replacing the battery is insanely easy, but I have two questions- one, how long does the battery usually last, and two, the next time I have to replace the battery, is there a way of doing so without losing my existing saves?

Thx, niggas.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Aug 2011 at 06:05 PM.

The life of the battery depends on whether you keep the Saturn plugged in or not from my experience.

The only way to have saves survive a battery change would be to back them up to a cartridge to my knowledge.

3. I changed my saturn battery with the power on and didn't lose any saved games but others have told me that's a no-no.

4. Yoshi- wait, the battery lasts longer if you keep the Saturn plugged in or not plugged in? Also, I forgot the Saturn has memory carts. They work just like the old PSX memory cards, amirite? If so, I'm off to ebay to get me ass one to back up my saves.

5. The Saturn save carts were kind of a pain in the ass. Most games, you had to save to system, then move that save to cart. Dragonforce, as I remember though, was one of the few that you could save directly to cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yoshi- wait, the battery lasts longer if you keep the Saturn plugged in or not plugged in?
    That has been my experience. I believe it is somewhat similar to how a car engine charges its battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The Saturn save carts were kind of a pain in the ass. Most games, you had to save to system, then move that save to cart. Dragonforce, as I remember though, was one of the few that you could save directly to cart.
    Keep in mind that direct save only works with the official carts and not the 4-in-1s and the like.

7. If you are trying to save a game like df, you would be a moron to use anything but an official memory cart. I learned that the hard way.

8. I wouldn't go with anything but the official carts, either. Already got a few I'm eyeballing on ebay.

9. The action replay 4 in 1s though are fantastic for playing imported Capcom fighting games.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

My battery never died while my system was plugged in. Put it away in the closet and it's dead in days.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery