Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anime Summer 2011

1. Been slacking this season, got caught up on Usagi Drop.

brb, going to shop for an adorable little girl to adopt.

2. Seriously. It's like viral procreation advertising.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is what's really satisfying my cute tooth this season, though. Yune clicking around everywhere with tiny steps in her Japanese shoes. The haughty little blonde rich girl who can't get enough of Yune's Nihon-flavored cuteness (and is pretty damn cute herself)... I couldn't relate more.

This is when she first sees her -- a most familiar sentiment:

I had to drop the The Idolm@ster. Not horrible, but life's too short. No. 6 is on thin ice.

I'm watching The Gas's penguin show too. I like it.

3. Penguindrum ep 5 is up, but I'm gonna warn you, the video is badly artifacted.

All I can say is, Kanba is THE MAN.

I loved seeing their father in the flashback, and how Kanba is the spitting image of him, and then later in the episode, how he inherited more than just looks. I have to admit, up til now I just saw him as a jerk (I was sort of equating him with Touga and Shoma with Miki, which in hindsight was just plain lazy), so his big hero moment in this episode was a very pleasant surprise. Also, seeing Ringo stand up to the penguin queen was AWESOME, even if it did create the bad situation that necessitated Kanba's aforementioned hero moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Tried to watch that penguin show of Perrin's, but couldn't do it.

Been watching Tiger and Bunny, Usagi Drop, and Kaiji, after going a long long time of not watching any new anime. I think the next newest thing I watched was Baccano.

I'd never consider watching Idolmaster anyways, but it aggravates me to see Kubooka's style get moe-ified.

moe can eat my butt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Yune clicking around everywhere with tiny steps in her Japanese shoes.
    There's a lot to love about this show, and yes, the clicking shoes...too adorable. >_<

7. Naruto is in filler mode. Boo.

8. Apparently the super-catchy transformation theme from Penguindrum is actually a cover of an old (Japanese) rock song from the 80s:

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Nichijou's second-half OP PV, full version:

I guess I have to start buying this guy's CDs.

10. I've started watching Hanasaku Iroha, and like it quite a bit. It really seems like production values for these animes are really high, maybe it's just because I spend too much time watching shounens though.

But yeah, the second opening is one of my favorites, it's just so good.