Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Summer 2011

1. Anime Summer 2011

Usagi Drop begins airing on the 8th. Resistance is futile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neregate.com-Summer-2011-Anime-v5.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	62211  

2. Strangely, Idolmaster's director is a dude whose previous credits include design and scene direction for Panty & Stocking, Gurren Lagann, and Diebuster. Maybe one to watch.

3. Mmm, good to know. I thought that was a rather pedestrian choice for Doki, and had every intention of skipping. Guess I'll at least try the first ep.

4. Mawaru Penguindrum, bitches.

I don't normally pay attention to anime that hasn't been licensed yet, but this is a special exception: Kunihiko Ikuhara's first directorial work since Revolutionary Girl Utena (my favorite anime, if you hadn't noticed) over a decade ago. And hoo boy, this thing takes less than one episode to reach the glorious heights of WTF'ery Utena reserved for its finale. Melodrama! Philosophy! Implied incest! Magical penguins that apparently run the afterlife! All this and more, in the most crack-fueled anime you'll watch this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. MAN, I knew I recognized those wacky noses somewhere.

I look forward to pulling the symobolism I hope is in this thing apart.

6. No. 6 is kinda good so far. Boys love crap notwithstanding.

Idolm@ster is thoroughly average after two eps. Not as bad as it looked, though, so I'll give it a couple more weeks.

I also tried Kamisama Dolls, Mayo Chiki!, and Ro-Kyu-Bu! Basically most of Doki's shows. Don't like any of 'em! But that's okay because...

Usagi Drop is delivering.

7. So far this season I've watched:

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée - As a french major, this show has angered my soul. However, the light-hearted stories calm me, so I keep watching.

Sacred Seven - Closest thing to a mecha series this season, so I gave it a shot. Turned out to be mostly superhero fighting relic monsters. It's alright, but not my kind of thing.

I want to check out Kamisama Dolls (I heard there was a robot?) and Usagi Drop next. I'm trying to stay away from high school shows this season, looking more for otherworldly or fantastic world stuff.

8. Give No. 6 a whirl, then. More sci-fi'y than fantastic, but definitely not your typical high-school romp.

I just looked into Ikoku Meiro no Croisée, and yes, I will dip!

Nichijou was EPIC this week.

9. I agree!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lohr83egWU1qzea6yo1_500.gif 
Views:	706 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	62303  
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. n_n Inu no Kiiro wa sugoi, desu yo!
    Donk