Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anime Summer 2011

1. Let's initiate the Survival Strategy!

This Penguindrum show is... unique. The girl secretly living in the crawlspace under her crush's house, directly underneath his bed... with his outline painted above her. If genders were reversed it would be horrifying, but as is it's a melange of tragic, creepy, and cute. She's so content down there with her comfy bedding and little desk lamp, staring up at his picture taped above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penguindrum_crawlspace_dinner.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	62915  

2. I'm not bothering with embedding the streams any more, because they just get taken down within a few days except on the really bootleg streaming sites we can't embed anyway, but they're up to episode 8 and boy is it a doozy. The exact nature of Ringo's "Project M" is revealed, and... holy shit. You think that girl's crazy-creepy-heartbreakingly-sad now? You don't even know. Also comes complete with an "OMG did that really just happen?!" ending... gonna be waiting on pins and needles for episode 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. I was up watching Nichijou until 2:00AM last night, and I would have kept going if the stream didn't cry "uncle" after a few episodes. It's wonderful. Thank you, TNL. I take back all of the hateful, racist things I said about you.

4. This week's Penguindrum was great. I love when stuff you took for granted as irrelevant is revealed to be quite relevant indeed.

The image of mums making the grave error of cheerily using her judgment to choose a different ribbon:

Too cute. Himari was really cute lots of times too:

And no mention of arresting cuteness would be complete without including Alice and Yune. Their delight at a crudely scrawled "dragon" coming to life through animation: