Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored (PC, PS3, 360)

1. I finally finished this, making sure that each mission summary screen showed 0 kills but I still didn't get the Clean Hands achievement. Oh well.
    Last edited by epmode; 21 Oct 2012 at 02:26 AM.

Did you click on "Replay" to try any missions over instead of reloading an earlier save?

3. I clicked it once or twice but always reloaded after playing for a minute.

I think the game gets confused about stuff after a reload:

FOR EXAMPLE: Your sword stays clean until it turns bloody after you attack a living thing. Early on, I murdered a few guards, noticed that the blade had turned bloody and reloaded my save. The sword was still bloody. It's possible that other invisible flags are carried over during a reload.

4. Achievements ruin everything.

5. For the OCD gamer, game-long 'unlockables' do. Whether they're achievements or not.

And a big part of it is because of what epmode alluded to. Not that I know if that's what happened here, but I hate ones that are binary all or nothing and it takes the entire game. I don't really care about achievements, but if I try to get one like that, it sucks when I don't get it. It feels great when I do, though.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 21 Oct 2012 at 09:30 AM.

I care about achievements, but my first time through a game I play them without guides, maps, or even looking at the achievements at all. Achievements extend the life of a title by giving me different goals to shoot for or even different things to do in-game, but that's after I've experienced the game for the first time, on the default difficulty.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. I don't really care about the achievement since I'm non-lethal in almost every stealth game I've played, most of which came out before the 360. I was just posting to confirm that the game gets confused about kills.

But it would still be nice to have my stupid merit badge!

8. Just finished this. It had its moments, but some of the final levels were just too much of a slog.

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I finally finished this, making sure that each mission summary screen showed 0 kills but I still didn't get the Clean Hands achievement. Oh well.
    I ran into the same issue. After doing a bit of research, I found out there's a bug with one of the missions that causes this.

In the fight with Granny Rags and Slackjaw, did you pick up Granny Rags' cameo? That glitches the game out and considers her to be dead, even if you only knock her unconscinous, or even don't do anything at all. The known workaround is to... well, not pick up her cameo and just forgo that entire side quest.

From Bethedsa's forums: (also chock full of spoilers)

How do I meet the requirements for the ‘Ghost/Shadow/Specter/Faceless/Clean Hands’ Achievements/Trophies?

Killing the Weepers present in the sewers beneath the Hound Pits Pub just before The Golden Cat mission will count against the Clean Hands achievement, but will not count against the achievements dealing with being spotted.
    If Granny Rags is Sleep Darted or Choked Out after destroying the Cameo in the Flooded District Mission, this will count as a kill and will prevent you from getting Clean Hands.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, since the other missions where you are told to kill someone without a noted non-lethal solution can be done by non-lethal means and the game will still let you get the achievement. Hopefully you have a save right before this! (You probably have a save at the start of the level, if nothing else -- the game makes a save (that you can't really delete) at the start of every level).

I did re-load from that level, skipped the aforementioned side quest and the achievement did unlock. Thankfully you can get through the game pretty quick once you know the routes.

10. Are you guys mostly playing this on PC? I want to check it out but my PC is busted at the moment and all I have is my Xbox.