Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored (PC, PS3, 360)

1. His last two games (Blacksite/Area 51) were shitty, but they were shitty Midway projects so what do you want, really. His third from last game was Thief 3.

The art also has its own style to it. It's much darker than HL2, set like 400 years earlier, and with semi-cartoony exaggerated characters. There are similarities, for sure, but not to where I'd call it a rehash.

2. Yawn

3. No yawns from me. It's kind of cool to see that you won't have to kill anyone in this, but OTOH that won't be my approach to the game. I'm thinking along the lines of "sneak in and off the garrison one by one with stealth kills until the place is cleared out". The art style didn't remind me that much of City 17- maybe just a little, but throw in a tad of The Darkness II minus the cel-shading.

"One extreme or the other, or some combination of the 2". I like that idea.

4. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. This game is going to be so badass.

Here is how you say "just give me your money" in Yoshi speak:
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Dishonored is built on the principles of a past era of PC gaming, when titles like System Shock 2, Deus Ex and Thief dominated the conversation.
    Here is the rest of the article. I am trying to do almost a complete media blackout on this one, which is very rare for non-sequels, because it just seems like a can't miss... looking for wood to knock on.

7. I don't know shit about this game, going to keep it that way. All I know is steampunkish fps.

8. Every snippet of info makes me a bit more interested, to the point I'm not listening any more. At this point, I think I know as much as I need to.

James

I was totally sold early on when they discussed freedom versus polish. They said that they'd rather give the player a lot of freedom and accept that something will occasionally go wonky, rather than make a heavily scripted and more polished game.

My only concern is the way the character upgrades will work. The namechecked System Shock 2 and their previous game, Dark Messiah, both had several dead ends in their skill trees, where you could spend a lot of points only to end up with a relatively worthless character. I hope they get the balance right this time.