Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored (PC, PS3, 360)

1. This is a really neat article on Arkane and Dishonored: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ex-arx-fatalis

I really hope this lives up to its potential.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    They said that they'd rather give the player a lot of freedom and accept that something will occasionally go wonky, rather than make a heavily scripted and more polished game.
    I miss this stuff. Games like Morrowind and Quake allow you to do all sorts of things that probably weren't intended by the developers but the lack of restrictions is precisely what makes them so interesting.
    Last edited by epmode; 01 Jul 2012 at 01:01 PM.

2. Well, here's another game to scratch off the list.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...rder-rat-trap/

Basically, figure out how you want to play the game, and preorder it from the retailer that gives you the skills that complement that style!

Yea, I'm not kidding - that's part of the sales pitch.

Jesus fucking Christ. October is now officially Castlevania month. I'll give this a whirl at $40 or less during the Steam Holiday Sale.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Well, here's another game to scratch off the list.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...rder-rat-trap/

Basically, figure out how you want to play the game, and preorder it from the retailer that gives you the skills that complement that style!

Yea, I'm not kidding - that's part of the sales pitch.
    I don't understand. Are each of these packages offering powers that are not offered in the other releases?

If not, then who cares?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. My hope is that the pre-order bullshit is only unlocking stuff earlier than you'd get it otherwise.

If they really made it so that every single legitimate buyer gets an incomplete game (which is somewhat common now,) I might just wait for a sale. It really sucks that short-sighted publishers and retailers are taking a dump on such a promising new IP but what else is new.

6. Essentially, yes.

I'll buy it on sale, or used.

7. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I don't understand. Are each of these packages offering powers that are not offered in the other releases?

If not, then who cares?
    I actually do care. I want no part of this. The preorder bonus matrix actually bugs me more than anything about this generation. I hate it.

But usually it's just one little thing. This is about gearing your character towards a certain playstyle. I'm not gonna say I was gonna buy the game before, but I could be convinced. Now, no way. I can wait.

8. I'm on the fence. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile. So if it's as epmode says and these are just bonuses that you'll eventually unlock through regular gameplay, then I'll still buy it.

If they are in fact exclusives, I'll be a lot more pissed.

I do agree with diff that this is a horrible idea. Especially because this is an original IP that is essentially being raped by stupid preorder marketing and publisher demands.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I actually do care. I want no part of this. The preorder bonus matrix actually bugs me more than anything about this generation. I hate it.
    It's a tough call between this and shoehorned multiplayer for me, but I also feel very strongly negative about it. I hate exclusive anything, because it infringes on my freedom as a consumer. I have to support a certain version or certain store if I want certain content. It's why I so badly want a unified platform that will likely never come.