Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

Guillermo Del Toro has casted the beautiful Rinko Kikuchi (47 Ronin, Assault Girls, The Brothers Bloom) in his upcoming film, Pacific Rim. Rink is slated to play “a young Japanese pilot of Jaegers, the enormous robotic creatures built to battle the strange creatures attacking earth“ The current synopsis for Pacific Rim is as follows:

The first is an alternate version of Earth in the near future, decades after a historic date in November 2012 when the first kaiju, a towering Godzilla-like beast, emerged from a hole in the Pacific Ocean and attacked the city of Osaka, Japan. The second is “The Anteverse,” another universe on the other side of that gaping portal, 5 miles below our ocean’s surface. Since the first attack, the rim has been “spitting out” a variety of gigantic monsters at an increasing rate, which then stride out of the ocean and begin destroying sea-bordering cities, like Tokyo and Los Angeles. In order to combat these monstrous, otherworldly menaces, the military developed the “Jaeger” program, which trains teams of two pilots to jointly operate massive, building-sized mechanized suits of armor and high-tech weaponry
    Source: geeknewwave

2. Fuccccccck yes.

They should work in some Mini Coopers too, cross it over with The Italian Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I thought I made a thread about this, but then I realized I posted this on another forum.

Release date is July 12th 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Screen Rant
    The other thing that we’re heading towards is an impeding start date the first week in November, so we have 20 weeks to start shooting the biggest giant monster movie ever made.

For those of you unaware, the film is set on an alternate version of Earth in the near future. The story basically centers on humans piloting giant robots in order to battle aliens that are invading through a wormhole-like structure. Charlie Hunnam is set in the lead role, with Idris Elba andpossibly Charlie Day starring alongside.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. This is the best sounding movie I have heard of in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Del Toro always brings the goods.

6. Here's hoping this hits huge, and then he can finally get At the Mountains of Madness made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Here's hoping this hits huge, and then he can finally get At the Mountains of Madness made.
    same article ... he says this about "At the Mountains of Madness".

Quote Originally Posted by Screen Rant
    “I’m not giving up… ‘Mountains of Madness’ has been with me for 13, 14 years and I really don’t want to give up on it… ‘Mountains of Madness,’ the way I plan to do it is a very peculiar take, and I think if I don’t stick with it the version I would like to see would never get made… I’m going to keep pursuing [Mountains]… Universal is still really interested in doing it. Coming out of ‘Pacific Rim,’ I intend to see if we can do it immediately.”
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    same article ... he says this about "At the Mountains of Madness".
    He's since said that Prometheus "will probably mark a long pause -if not the demise- of ATMOM."

As for Pacific Rim:

Viral site.

Kaiju warning test:

Kaiju attack!

A leaked memo:

A leaked Jaeger blueprint:

And pics of Elba, Kikuchi and Hunnam in their Jaeger flight suits:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacific-rim-viral-memo.jpg 
Views:	1376 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	67731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacific-rim-viral-jaeger-blueprint.jpg 
Views:	1427 
Size:	265.2 KB 
ID:	67732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacific-rim-elba.jpg 
Views:	2739 
Size:	531.8 KB 
ID:	67733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacific-rim-shot.jpg 
Views:	1521 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	67734  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PacificRim_Photo.jpg 
Views:	1461 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	67735  
    Last edited by BerringerX; 28 Nov 2012 at 05:37 PM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. This looks/sounds REALLY promising.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

10. Russian Jaeger Cherno Alpha

Japanese Jaeger Coyote Tango

American Jaeger Striker Eureka
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerChernoAlpha.jpg 
Views:	1509 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	67745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A81iBP8CcAEtQ7I.jpg-large.jpeg 
Views:	1300 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	67746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striker_eureka_jaeger_pacificrim.jpg 
Views:	1495 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	67747  
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.